Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to hide a button "Convert" under Idea

Posted Oct 29, 2019 03:13 PM
    Hello Everyone, 

I have the custom workflow to convert an Idea to project. Once the idea is changed to "Converted" status, I could still the "Convert" button enabled so users are not checking the project entry created. They are again manually clicking the "Convert" button and creating a duplicate entry. 

Any inputs will be appreciated to remove this "Convert" button once the Idea status changed to "Converted" status.

• 2.  RE: How to hide a button "Convert" under Idea

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 04:57 AM
    Hi Arunachalam, 

The problem is happening because you have implemented a custom process for converting the Idea to a Project. However, having said that the process is customized, I guess you need to put an additional condition which will be controlling the existence of the CONVERT button. May you can mention that this button will only appear when the status of the IDEA is not "Converted". Have a look and see if you get any scope to add such a condition. Hope that helps.

------------------------------
    Abhisek Dhar
    Senior Engineer
    Clarity PPM Support
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How to hide a button "Convert" under Idea

Posted Oct 30, 2019 08:57 AM
    Hi Abhishek, 

Even after manual conversion without the custom workflow, "Convert" still appears. We would like to have it one time enabled, it should not appear once the idea is converted.

• 4.  RE: How to hide a button "Convert" under Idea
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2019 10:18 AM
    This is how the application is designed.  The ability to 'convert' an Idea multiple times is part of the functionality.  It allows you to convert it to a project or other type of investment.  You may want the idea converted into an Asset and a Project.