Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1

Posted Mar 21, 2020 06:13 AM
    Hi 

we are planning to upgrade from PPM v 15.5.1 to 15.7.1
    looking at the release notes more feature discussed they talk about custom investments , which include creating a blueprint (project template )

we wish to know if the staff module, task module and all the new enhancements will be available for our existing projects after the upgrade.
    we are mostly interested in a much easier approach in working with tasks/ Items, our PM are used to MSP. Looking at these new features in the new UX we believe they might be more helpful than the Gantt view / tasks Tab in classic.

how true is this?

Thank you

• 2.  RE: Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2020 02:11 AM
    Hello Nhleko,

Let me split your questions:

1) 15.7.1 Custom Investments  - Yeah custom investments are good and they have ability to customize as per blueprint same as Projects.
    2) Projects and Custom Investment are different.
    3) Projects staff : Projects Staffing and Resources Staffing is key updates in 15.7 Modern UX. In  a single click one can get GRID or Knban view for Staff easily. It is better and interactive then MSP.
    4) Project Task: Yeah Task are same as older and best part is it is much more interesting.
    5) New Enhancement or Existing Customization will work as is. There were few hichcup though like all API enable attributes might not be visible. We have many custom Attributes after certain number of attributes all others are missing. Broadcom says they are working on it.

It is good to upgrade to 15.7 or .8 now as Modern UX will answer and solve our customers biggest problem of Interactive.

Stay safe during this difficult time.

------------------------------
    Awadhesh Dammani (Addy)
    Sr.Consultant
    Clarity PPM

• 3.  RE: Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1

Posted Mar 23, 2020 02:26 AM
    Hi Awadhesh

When you say tasks are the same as older u mean, the same as current version (15.5.1).

Thank you safety first this days

• 4.  RE: Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1

Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:49 PM
    Hi 
    Just to make sure I understand what you say , all these features will be available for our existing projects?
    And by 8 you mean there is a new version that is coming soon?

Thank you

• 5.  RE: Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1

Posted Mar 24, 2020 09:55 PM
    Thank you I have look on 15.7 it answers my question,  thank you

• 6.  RE: Custom investment PPM V 15.7.1

Posted Mar 27, 2020 04:51 PM
    Just following up (Awadhesh and I work together :) )  --  15.8 was just released. And yes.what you have in your existing Clarity  (classic or modern) will be in the Modern 15.7.1 or 15.8--but, like he said, the data may present itself a little differently.. mainly with views.  15.8 gives you the ability to set default views though

Custom investments also have budgets in 15.8- and yes as Awadhesh noted, they are not the same as projects. They are "flexible" to track any kind of work. 

15.8 seems more stable for us so far. The issue we have with not all of our fields showing on the (Modern) Project list seems to fixed in 15.8

Lynn