Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports

Posted Jul 11, 2019 09:01 AM
    We are relatively new to Jaspersoft reporting and I am having a problem with users seeing values when they need to set the options in the Parameters of reports.  They have access rights to the relevant data in Clarity itself and I have run the 'Load Data Warehouse' and 'Load Data Warehouse Access Rights' jobs. We are looking at the out of the box reports initially.

Any advise on what I am not doing?

• 2.  RE: Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 10:17 AM
    Hi Robbie

Make sure that Update Report Table job is run prior to the Data Warehouse jobs. If that's done, please confirm which exact values are not visible. Is the admin user with all the rights able to see them?

------------------------------
    Principal Support Engineer, Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2019 11:49 AM
    If it works for the admin user, then the problem is definitely with the access rights. What are the exact values that are missing?

Principal Support Engineer, Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports

Posted Jul 12, 2019 08:34 AM
    Hi
    Taking the Project Task Dependencies report as an example, there are no values to select for parameters, Project Manager, Project, Project Status or Financial Plan Type.  The user has access to projects and is able to view/edit projects I have increased the access rights more and more to try and get the fields to show information but there is no change.

• 5.  RE: Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:32 PM
    Those users whom cannot view the parameters might not have corresponding access to the "Input Controls" folder in Advanced Reporting repository. Try double-checking the folder permissions within the Repository page.

• 6.  RE: Parameters in Jaspersoft Reports

Posted Jul 23, 2019 11:17 AM
    Thanks I will check this out too