Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New UX Product Name vs. Classic

Posted Apr 04, 2019 03:26 PM

Can one have the Product Name displayed in the New UX be different than that shown in the Classic screens?

When using the Phoenix theme (which is well done), the two environments look too similar.  Would like to display "Clarity PPM-Classic" in classic screens and "Clarity PPM-New UX" in new UX screens - something obvious to users, rather than having to tell them to look at the URL for "/pm" or "You'll get used to it."

We're on 15.5.1.

• 2.  Re: New UX Product Name vs. Classic

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2019 05:09 PM

The purpose of the Pheonix UI was to create a more consistent look and feel in the entire application.

That said, there may be a way for you to achieve what you asked for.

I'm not aware of any mechanism for putting a "product name" in the New UX, but what you could do to differentiate the Classic UI with the Pheonix UI applied is copy the CSS code for the stock Pheonix UI and modify it, e.g. the steps on this manual page, and then create your own custom UI theme identical to the Pheonix UI that your end-users can apply.

• 3.  Re: New UX Product Name vs. Classic

Posted Apr 05, 2019 12:32 PM

The CSS file has only one place for Product Name:

/* Product name text */

#ppm_header_product span:before,

#ppm_header_product_small span:before

If we make the change here, it shows up in both classic and New UX.  Expecting, then, that there is no way to have a different product name for classic vs. New UX, that something would have to change in the app (direct classic to look for a classic product name and New UX to look for a New UX product name) and then the CSS file would need to have separated data for each to be read.

If our users complain that the two environments are too consistent, I guess our best alternative, for now, would be to use one of our old themes, don’t turn on Phoenix.

BTW:  Found that Phoenix dropped the in app “back” and “recent” links.  Put them back, please!  These were two of the most used buttons in the app for big Clarity users, as they provided a huge time savings!

Dale

• 4.  Re: New UX Product Name vs. Classic

Posted Apr 05, 2019 12:42 PM

I second Dale's vote to add the "back" and "recent" links back in.  I use those daily and train my users to use them as well.