Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom vs. Out of the Box Attributes

Posted Jan 11, 2019 04:09 PM

Is there a way for us to differentiate between custom and out of the box fields in Clarity? There has been a lot of customization done on our system and we are looking to see what fields/screens have been customized and what is out of the box, is there an easy way to tell?

• 2.  Re: Custom vs. Out of the Box Attributes

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:46 PM

Hi

1. OOTB attributes information is not avialble in the database.

2. The custom attributes information is available in odf_custom_attributes table.

you can get the custom attributes information from ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES table.

Thanks

Senthil

• 3.  Re: Custom vs. Out of the Box Attributes

Posted Jan 11, 2019 05:56 PM

We using naming conventions to determine what is customized.  We prefix any new fields or reports with "ej" so we know what we've modified.

Holly

• 4.  Re: Custom vs. Out of the Box Attributes

Posted Jan 11, 2019 06:51 PM

Thanks, Holly.  I’ve just took over this position about a year or so ago and there were MANY customizations done before I took it over.  I’m looking to see if I can find out what the standard out of the box attributes are compared to what may have been done before my time.  I will definitely use that a unique naming convention going forward.

Thanks,

Linda

• 5.  Re: Custom vs. Out of the Box Attributes

Posted Jan 11, 2019 06:04 PM

Or, on an object-by-object basis, open each object and the Attributes tab, and in the Attribute Display field select Custom Defined Attributes.  The resulting filter will have some attributes that have been added via CA add-ins (like the PMO Accelerator), but if your developers have been following best practices, they will have used a consistent prefix for your environment in the attribute ID field, so it should be easy to see the ones specifically created for your system.

You may also have some custom Objects, and in the Object List View, those will all have a box at the left side of the row that would allow you to deactivate or delete them.  You can only deactivate or delete custom objects.

John