Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jasper schedule error

Posted Nov 01, 2018 01:37 PM

There is some basic error message being sent, after schedule starts. I'm not able to assume for what reason the below Issue is being sent.

Error:- "JasperReports Server encountered an error while generating this report.  Please contact your administrator."

Please advice the reasons for this Issue.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Jasper schedule error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2018 03:39 AM

Hi Santosh,

If you schedule report with below options, you will get the email attached with Jasper log to see what went wrong and it must be logged in Jasper log. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Jasper schedule error

Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:17 AM

I have observed couple of times, It's only just the Error message "JasperReports Server encountered an error while generating this report.  Please contact your administrator."  What would be the Issue in this case ?

On the other side, the Issue was like "unable to extend temp space by 128 in TEMP segment", then there would be whole query.

• 4.  Re: Jasper schedule error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 09:45 AM

It seems there is an issue with  your jasper soft database having issues with the Table space.

Ask DBA to extend  the TEMP Table space  and see if that resolves your issue.

• 5.  Re: Jasper schedule error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2018 10:29 AM

Hi Santosh,

If the error is due to TEMP Segment its definitely the database issue, I remember you raised this issue via support case too and it was found the query was running in the dabase for long 10+ hours. We need you to ensure to optimize the report and ensure the query is executed within 15 minutes.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Jasper schedule error

Posted Nov 06, 2018 08:42 AM

So the Error " Report exceeded the timeout limit of 900,000" means report query has run more than 15 mins , so the session would have closed.

I got this error while scheduling - Providing more filters would be an alternate solution?