Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to activate new user experience 15.3

Posted Apr 20, 2018 06:28 AM

We are a SaaS customer and just upgraded from 14.4 to 15.3 and am wanting to test out the new user experience with a view to turning it on for our organization. I am working in our DEV environment and have followed the guide for set up and have established a link to the new UX which is working but when in the new UX all I see is timesheets projects is not displaying and I cannot access anything in Administration on the new UX despite being an administrator of the system and having all access rights. Anyone have any ideas why I am not seeing a full menu - could it be down to SSO?

• 2.  Re: How to activate new user experience 15.3

Posted Apr 20, 2018 07:02 AM

Please see this link of the documentation. There are certain access rights that you need to have in order to see the modules of New User Experience in CA PPM. 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-4/en/reference/ca-ppm-access-rights-reference#CAPPMAccessRightsReference-NewUserExperien… 

Hope this helps. 

Thanks.

• 3.  Re: How to activate new user experience 15.3
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 08:47 AM

As an admin, if you have all rights granted to your account you will see the following  options when you login to New UI,

Check whether you are having the following Navigate access rights to access the menus,

Project Management - Navigate access right

Staffing - Navigate access right.

Timesheet - Navigate access right - I see you have already activated Timesheet options under system options from Classic PPM.

Note: If you have activated the New Timesheet users will not able to access the Classic PPM Timesheet.

Administration:

Administration - Access
    Blueprint - View - All
    Blueprint - Edit - All
    Blueprint - Delete - All
    Blueprint - Create Copy

To Access Classic PPM from New UI:
    Classic PPM - Navigate

• 4.  Re: How to activate new user experience 15.3

Posted Apr 20, 2018 09:18 AM

Thank you - for whatever reason the Project Management - Navigate is not in the Admin-All Rights group so I added to resource global rights and it is now displaying. Thank you!

• 5.  Re: How to activate new user experience 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 10:12 AM

Perfect!

Happy Learning of the next-generation  CA PPM, available in the New User Experience...