Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New UX Projects Page

Posted May 20, 2019 07:31 AM

Hi CA Clarity PPM Community,

we have one question regarding new ux. We normally thought that if I start with a normal project manager user.. that the displayed projects are preselected? But as checked today - everything is visible?

So is there maybe a flag or something else.. that reduced the projects .. which are seen when a normal user .. or project manager is opening the page?

Thanks for your help!!

BR

Andreas

• 2.  Re: New UX Projects Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 20, 2019 08:51 AM

HI Andreas

If uses persistence, if you had searched any project earlier and then cleared up 

Let say I searched for Project name CA and got all it matches. 

Are you seeing this behavior or its showing Projects which you are not supposed to see.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: New UX Projects Page
    Best Answer

Posted May 20, 2019 09:51 AM

The user right is

Projects - NavigateAllows resource to access the Project List pages and to the My Projects portlet.

Once a resource is added to a team then the user gets this right which allows you see the project list in the Classic and apparently in the New UI. According to that there is no difference between a team  member and the project manager.

The difference comes after that when you try to look at the details

Project Management - NavigateAllows user access to the project management pages in the new user experience. The user will only be able to view information for projects to which the user has access.

• 4.  Re: New UX Projects Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2019 09:40 AM

Hi Andreas - 

Do the above replies help?  Do you have any other questions?

• 5.  RE: Re: New UX Projects Page

Posted Jun 04, 2019 02:50 AM
    I am wondering if there is interplay between the permissions automatically granted when a Resource is added to the Project Team and the Admin -> Project Management -> Settings -> "Automatically Add Staff Members As Investment Participant". We found that the setting "When Added to Investment" was inadvertently elevating Resource permissions and bloating license counts, so we set this value to "Never".

• 6.  RE: New UX Projects Page

Posted Jun 07, 2019 12:25 PM
    Hi there, also depends on Global Access Rights, if the users has the project view, well, they can see every single project.

Cheers,
    Pablo

------------------------------
    Consultant
    SAM
    ------------------------------