Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Get a Task by Id via Project XOG Api?

Posted May 08, 2019 05:06 AM

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_read.xsd">
    <Header version="8.0" action="read" objectType="contentPack" externalSource="NIKU">
    <args name="no_dependencies" value="true" />
    <args name="include_tasks" value="true"/>
    </Header>
    <Query>
    <Filter name="projectID" criteria="EQUALS">$project_code$</Filter>
    </Query>
    </NikuDataBus>

I call the XOG api using the above xml.It works perfectly,but it returns all the tasks available inside the project.

But i want a particular task from the project.

Is there any way i can achieve that?

• 2.  Re: Get a Task by Id via Project XOG Api?

Posted May 08, 2019 06:43 AM

The project XOG reads projects so I'm not sure you can just get a single task out of it?

Might just be easier to write a NSQL query to get whatever task properties you are interested in and call that query over SOAP (the query API, basically in the same way you call XOG).

• 3.  Re: Get a Task by Id via Project XOG Api?

Posted May 13, 2019 02:26 AM

Thanks for your response.

But the NSQL solution would not be solving my purpose as i wanted to have the task details in a dynamic way (not depending only on the properties mentioned in NSQL)

My approach was to get a project with all the task and then search a task from the response XML by the task id.

The problem which i am facing is while XOG out a project with 700 tasks,its showing 'operation timeout'.

I tried to increase the timeout,but again its showing an error ' The system cannot import this instance with the current Configuration. Increase the ‘Maximum XML Nodes’ value in the Clarity System Administration and try again.'

Even if i increase the maximum node limit , its taking a lot of time to retrive the project with all the 700 tasks.

So was hoping for any alternative solution like XOG Task by ID or atleast get a pagination mechanism for getting the project with all task? 

• 4.  Re: Get a Task by Id via Project XOG Api?
    Best Answer

Posted May 13, 2019 04:10 AM

Not sure I understand your problem with using a NSQL query-api ; we can query by any sort of combination of things (not just a project id) - on a task id or name only for example. The flexibility in a NSQL query-api solution is that you can extract almost whatever you want to from the database in a SQL like manner and you are not restricted to XOG limitations (such as pulling data by prescribed 'object' references).

Pretty sure the upto date versions of the application have inbuilt pagination logic in the XOG-calls - but to my mind if you are going directly to a specific task via a NSQL query-api call then you don't need to worry about that.

• 5.  Re: Get a Task by Id via Project XOG Api?

Posted May 13, 2019 04:38 AM

Just wondering again...

Just exactly what data do you need for the task(s)?