Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Automatically add 8 hours to PTO on a timesheet

Posted Apr 02, 2019 03:25 PM
      |   view attached

Has anyone or does anyone know if it's possible to automatically add 8 hours to PTO on everyone's timesheet for any workday that's marked as a non-working day on the Base Calendar?  

If it's possible how complex would it be?  How would you recommend doing an action like this?

We are on 15.5.1.

• 2.  Re: Automatically add 8 hours to PTO on a timesheet

Posted Apr 04, 2019 02:06 AM

Have a look at the sample XOG prj_timeperiods_write.xml.

But, given that the Base Calendar is marked as 'non-working day', and the UI prevents user from submitting hours on 'non-working days', the XOG may not be able to undertake either.

Unclear what you are trying to achieve, as if you then mark what I assume are 'public holidays' as working day to record as PTO (which I assume is personal time off), then this will impact on all your schedules.  Don;t need an answer on this one, just a warning on what may occur as a result.

• 3.  Re: Automatically add 8 hours to PTO on a timesheet

Posted Apr 05, 2019 12:32 PM

Thanks for the response.

We are marking public holidays as non-working days on our base calendar.  However, users are able to enter time on 'non-working days' on a timesheet.  Therefore we have users enter 8 hours in PTO on those non-working days.

Based off of that, is the solution running a XOG within a GEL that recognizes what days are marked as 'non-working days' and then entering 8 hours into PTO?  To me that sounds like a rather complex GEL script.