Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Portlet List Filter -- Custom Attribute Filter

Posted Sep 27, 2018 07:21 PM

Good Day,

I am coming to the community to ask for an expansion on a previously submitted question.  I would like to reference Community Comment: #241992035.  In this previously posted question, Community Member RolandP comments that when filtering on ta custom attribute, we would use that custom lookup (which I can see and have linked)

I am working on a NSQL Query-Portlet-Portlet Page where we would like to have four(4) filters:

In this portlet two of the filters (left) work, but the two on the right do not.  The two on the right are based on custom attributes and (I believe) are linked to the appropriate custom look up.  In these pictures Portfolio Category 2 is a custom field representing a portfolio and Portfolio Category 3 is a custom field representing our Approval Groups.

With the filters on the right we can pick the lookup filter value, however, once we select “filter” the page goes blank, no matter the selection.  This behavior is the same for both filters.  For testing purposes I have been picking filter selections individually, I have not used more than one filter (of the four) at a time.

I am unsure where I may be doing something incorrectly (bad choices) but I do not know what.  I look forward to hearing/receiving guidance from the community. 

Thank you

MT.

• 2.  Re: Portlet List Filter -- Custom Attribute Filter

Posted Sep 28, 2018 03:28 AM

Any "problem" will likely be in your NSQL.

The "trick" with lookup filters and NSQL based portlets is that the lookup delivers the "code" (or "id" depending on the lookup) but the NSQL delivers the "description". So what you need to do (in the NSQL) is return the code/id and the description as separate attributes, use the description attribute in the list view and the code/id attribute in the filter view (associated with the relevant lookup).

• 3.  Re: Portlet List Filter -- Custom Attribute Filter
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 28, 2018 02:36 PM

David,

Thank you for your response. Because I did not attache the NSQL you were not aware that the appropriate IDs were already in the query...However, your response did cause me to look deeper.  The issue really was that I needed to create new custom lookups.  My error was that I was trying to put a square peg in a round hole (using an custom STRING lookup for an INTEGER value).  

Thank you again for leading me to the solution.

MT.