Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Promoting to Prod Environment from Dev

Posted Oct 12, 2018 07:56 PM

Hey,

Is there a way to selectively promote changes made in the dev environment to prod?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Promoting to Prod Environment from Dev

Posted Oct 13, 2018 03:35 AM

If all or nothing is to restore a database dump from dev to prod then supported selective would be

- XOGing what can be xoged

- manually doing what cannot be xoged

Unsupported would be direct changes in db

Additionally there may be "configuration" of the Clarity files. They would have to be copied manually again vs backup and restore.

• 3.  Re: Promoting to Prod Environment from Dev

Posted Oct 13, 2018 04:17 AM

You may explore using Content Packages in Studio to collectively select and move the configurations as one file between the environments.

Refer to: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-5/en/reference/ca-ppm-studio-development/ca-ppm-studio-content-packages

When you create a content package a .jar file is created and same file can be downloaded from that instance and used to upload to another instance as content add-in.

Regards,

Praneeth

• 4.  Re: Promoting to Prod Environment from Dev

Posted Oct 15, 2018 09:45 AM

Hi shawn.tuttle ,

The best way to migrate is content package. Below is the screenshot of the content type which you can migrate.

You can create a new Content Package from Administration menu and choose the contents to migrate.

• 5.  Re: Promoting to Prod Environment from Dev

Posted Oct 29, 2018 04:00 PM

Hi Shubham, 

When I create content, I have two Jar files 1. Packages 2. Extracted Language File in Dev. I need to upload the Package JAR file and check "Install the Migration Mode" check box. Please correct if it is wrong.