Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

• 1.  Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Posted Sep 19, 2018 05:53 PM

Has anyone came around this issue where the incremental job is taking more time than normal after the upgrade to 15.3

Before upgrade the normal processing time was within 2 hours.

After upgrade it takes more than 3 hours and sometimes goes up to 11 hours and fails.

Can someone please advise on this.

Thanks for your support.

• 2.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2018 10:32 PM

Hi ShantiSwaroop,

I have not experienced such performance issue.

Your Data Warehouse may have any problem.

Please go to ADMINISTRATION->Security and Diagnostics->Health Report.

You will find Data warehouse tab.

Please check it.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 3.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Posted Sep 20, 2018 01:19 PM

Hi Shoichi,

I see the percentage complete is 86% percent and there are some difference in the values in the financial setup and timeslice  from the recommened values.do i need to change those values to recommended one ?

Thanks a lot for the help.

• 4.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 12:15 AM

Hi ShantiSwaroop,

Please check "Data Warehouse Options" section in ADMINISTRATION->General Settings->System Options.

It is configured like as below in my environment.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 5.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 21, 2018 04:35 AM

Hi Shanti,

Irrespective of the settings the timing is entirely dependent on the volume of data and how efficiently database is performing. We have made significant for the incremental load in data warehouse in 15.3 patches as well as latest release. 

You should run the below query to see which table is taking longer and during the execution of job you should ask your DBA to look at database reports to see if anything can be improved at database. 

SELECT TABLE_NAME, TABLE_TYPE, POPULATION_TIME_SEC, RECORD_COUNT, DW_LOAD_START_DATE, DW_LOAD_END_DATE, DW_UPDATED_DATE
    FROM DWH_GATHER_METRICS_V

SELECT TABLE_NAME, TABLE_TYPE, COMPLETED_FLAG, POPULATION_TIME_SEC, DW_LOAD_START_DATE, DW_LOAD_END_DATE
    FROM DWH_RUN_STATUS_V

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 6.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Posted Oct 07, 2018 01:16 PM

Hi Suman,

Full Load is executing successfully without any issue but the issue is only with incremental load.

The job is getting stucked and not moving forward

There is nothing in the logs which helps us to analyze on this could you please give me some insights.

Thanks in Advance

• 7.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 01:26 AM

Hi Shanti,

If the Job is getting stuck then we need to see the database reports like AWR. Can you raise a ticket as we need to look detailed into the environment. Also as an FYI we have made loads of improvement in 15.5 with respect to incremental load, if there is possibility to test on 15.5 please do.

Regards

Suman Pramanik  

• 8.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Posted Oct 08, 2018 10:53 AM

Hi Suman,

I already Raised Ticket with CA 

Thanks & Regards,

Shanti Swaroop

• 9.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 11:03 AM

Hi Shanti,

Sure I tried looking for cases raised by you couldn't find. Do you mind sharing the case number.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 10.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Posted Oct 08, 2018 11:15 AM

Hi SUman,

Please find the case number 01194511 

Thanks

• 11.  Re: Load DWH Incremental Job is taking more time than normal after upgrade to 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 08, 2018 11:27 AM

Thanks Shanti, I will take a look and work with you over the support case. 

Regards

Suman Pramanik