Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  View all projects access

Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:09 AM

Hi all, I am trying to grant two people access to see all of the projects in the project list. The only way I have been able to do this is under the admin menu, resources, resource access rights, instance, choose Project - View, and then select ALL projects.

This would be fine except when new projects are added, I have to go back and add the new projects. The Project - View right is not available in the global rights.

Can anyone help out?

• 2.  Re: View all projects access

Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:20 AM

Other than giving Project - Navigate, you can check with the "Project - View Management - All" access right. However, this access right will enable the user to view all  the general and management properties and processes on all Projects which have been enabled for management.

• 3.  Re: View all projects access

Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:33 AM

Hi Abhisek, both users have the Project - Navigate access right. Will the Project - View Management - All give them rights to make any edits within a project? or have access to run processes? That right is part of our administrator group and I do not want these people having any editable rights. They only need to view. 

• 4.  Re: View all projects access

Posted Jul 11, 2018 07:49 AM

No, I do not think they will be able to change or edit or modify the information. They will be able to see everything. Still just assign that right to any one of them, remove all other access right and see yourself. Because there is another rights called "Project - Edit Management - All", which is like Project Admin kind of right. 

• 5.  Re: View all projects access

Posted Jul 12, 2018 10:45 AM

Completely agree with Abhisek, just the catch is if that user already has Edit rights on some project via Manager or instance, that would give them edit plus view, rest all should have View only, but good case scenario to test ON how clarity behaves.