Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

After running the Post Time Sheets job and then the Post to Financials job, we are observing "stranded" time sheet lines in  Invalid Transactions. These are marked as New Transactions and are individual lines on time sheets that primarily went through the

• 1.  After running the Post Time Sheets job and then the Post to Financials job, we are observing "stranded" time sheet lines in  Invalid Transactions. These are marked as New Transactions and are individual lines on time sheets that primarily went through the

Posted Oct 30, 2018 09:51 AM

The data associated with these transactions are valid. All other lines on these resources time sheets posted successfully. Time posted from other time sheets to the Projects/Tasks on this list.

These transactions will post to financials on the next run with no actions taken. Why were they not picked up in this run with the rest of these resources time sheet entries?

• 2.  Re: After running the Post Time Sheets job and then the Post to Financials job, we are observing "stranded" time sheet lines in  Invalid Transactions. These are marked as New Transactions and are individual lines on time sheets that primarily went through

Posted Oct 30, 2018 02:11 PM

To me it sounds like a situation where some sort of resource is inadequate or the database connection is not solid.

Years ago as a Clarity admin I had the same situation. The post timesheets job could take 5 minutes or more.

If it did, it overlapped with schedule of Transactions post to Financials.

I never let it bother me. I just checked the invalids after the to jobs hand ran and if there were any (error or new) I fixed the errors and reran the jobs until there were no records in the invalids.

• 3.  Re: After running the Post Time Sheets job and then the Post to Financials job, we are observing "stranded" time sheet lines in  Invalid Transactions. These are marked as New Transactions and are individual lines on time sheets that primarily went through

Posted Oct 30, 2018 02:18 PM

I believe we have it figured out. It is associated with the dates in the Post to Financials job. If the date parameters are left blank, nothing is missed. If Start of Previous week is used as start date, it assumes Monday (workday) is 1st day and anything posted on Sunday is left behind.

• 4.  Re: After running the Post Time Sheets job and then the Post to Financials job, we are observing "stranded" time sheet lines in  Invalid Transactions. These are marked as New Transactions and are individual lines on time sheets that primarily went through

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2018 09:37 PM

As soon as when you run the Post Timesheet job all the records will get populated in Invalid Transactions page with the status as New or Rejected.

If you found any record in rejected status you need to correct the record like resource inactive, project inactive, invalid entity, etc.

And once this is corrected you can run the PTF[Post Transactions to Financials] job if you select any data parameters only those records will be moved to Financials Table.

You can cross check by how many timesheets got posted and after running the PTF job compare the total records.

And check again if there are any invalid transactions and fix the issue and again run the PTF job.

If the Post timesheet job is schedule to run every 15 minutes after running the PTF and if there is anytime sheet approved during that time period will get posted and you will see a new transactions in the Invalid Transactions Page.

Once the above steps are completed run the Post to WIP job.

If there are large number of records apply date filters for each day and post it.

Once you post for that week time period just filter without any parameters and see if any record appears and post the missing ones.