Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted May 03, 2018 12:47 PM

Is there a way to set a global default filter for a dashboard portlet? Specifically, I have a Project Dashboard that shows as a tab on the project view. The Dashboard has several portlets. I would like the portlets to show only items that meet specific requirements.

Basically: can I create a custom filter for a dashboard portlet in a way that would apply to all users viewing the dashboard?

• 2.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 03, 2018 07:04 PM

Hi Kara,

Yes, you can have custom filter portlets on dashboards which applies the filter to all the portlets in the dashboard. 

You might want to check for Portfolio Dashboard portlet page which is OOTB. There are 6 tabs in this portfolio dashboard and if you click on each tab and navigate to page filters tab, you will see Portfolio Dashboard Filter which is applied to all the portlets in the dashboard. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted May 10, 2018 01:44 PM

I see the filter, but I'm not sure how to use it to do what I need. I want to exclude tasks with a certain ID in the Gantt portlet on the Portfolio Dashboard. Can you default a power filter or only a standard filter?

• 4.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted May 17, 2018 12:29 PM

Hello,

Is there a way to have a custom filter for the ideas portlet that applies to all users? 

Thanks,

Barney Edwards

• 5.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted May 18, 2018 05:47 AM

Please go through this documentation part:

CA PPM 15.4 - Portlet filter for all users

What I understand, you need a Filter portlet on the application level so that it is effective globally. This above link will be best for you. Hope that will help you. Cheers!  

• 6.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted Jul 16, 2018 01:20 PM

Specifically, I need to filter on OBS. In the Resource screens, there are options to filter OBS and then select "Unit only, Unit and Descendants, Unit and Ancestors". I have been able to successfully add an OBS filter, but not the second dimension of "unit and descendants". Is it possible to use this functionality in a page level filter portlet?

• 7.  Re: Default Portlet Filter for All Users

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:41 AM

Hi Kara,

I don't think you will be able to add the "Filter Mode" kind of a thing in the filter portlet.

Actually, OBS related lookups are a bit restricted from the application. It was not there in older version, but during our 13.x versions, we faced lot of issues as customers configured these OBS lookups as per their business requirements and then when they upgrade the PPM application, all those customization got corrupted. 

Hope that answers your question. 

Regards,

Abhisek Dhar