Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 09:01 AM

I see a resource in the project, which has Allocation end date in 2016, I pulled the Actuals column and it shows Zero in it.

When i try to remove from team it shows the error."One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition."

I have referred this link it says if any actuals then we cannot remove the resource,but in my case Actuals are zero please advice.

Removing Resourses from a project when they are finished work 

• 2.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 09:15 AM

Have they submitted time against the project then subsequently adjusted that timesheet (to zero hours)? That would result in zero actuals but also has "committed actuals" and you can not remove the resource then.

There was a recent discussion on this ; Remove a resource from the project with zero actuals 

(of course this might NOT be your situation, you should check the other reasons that the error message is referring to also)

• 3.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 10:19 AM

No Timesheet was posted/submitted.

• 4.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 10:48 AM

Hi Santosh, 

Understood the fact that there are no actuals for that Team member. Also you have checked that there is no timesheet for the resource which is in posted or submitted status. 

Have you checked if the resource is involved in any Requisitions. You can see that from Team --> Requisitions page. (You might have checked it already but as you have not mentioned the same hence, suggesting) 

Again, is there any timesheet where the affected resource has added any of the Tasks as a Line Item? Timesheet might be in Open status but there could be a line item with non-zero time reported. You can check that by combining PRTASK and PRTIMEENTRY tables, I guess. Try that if possible. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Aug 31, 2018 01:02 PM

No Requisitions, but i see the resource in the Effort task and there are no actuals posted, Is this stopping me to remove her from Team tab?

• 6.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 31, 2018 02:45 PM

Yes, that could do it.  Can you remove the user from the Effort task and try again?

Also, if the user ever posted time to a timesheet and it was adjusted back to 0, you will not be able to remove him.

Jeanne

• 7.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:35 AM

I have the same issues with an 'Other work' object.
    I cannot remove a team member receiving the same error message.

- I tried to remove with an admin account

- There a no requisitions

- There are 0 allocations, 0 assignment, 0 actuals in the Other work item.

What else can I try?

• 8.  Re: One or more staff members cannot be removed. This may be due to security, committed actuals or booked requisition.

Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:49 AM

"admin account" is irrelevant I think ; the 'security' that the message is referring to would be access-rights - i.e. whether the user has the relevant hard/soft booking rights against the resource concerned.  (an "admin account" does not necessarily have that access)