Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Report Parameters

Posted May 18, 2018 04:06 PM

I created some custom reports in Jaspersoft and want to be able to run the reports from Reports and Jobs on the PPM side. I am using Clarity 15.3 and Jaspersoft 6.4. The reports have parameters so I created new lookups to be used as parameters in the reports. The lookups are against the data warehouse. No matter how I create the lookups, they seem to be ignored when I select them in a report. These are custom attributes so the lookup is against the  "DWH_LKP..." tables created as part of the data warehouse load. No matter whether I use the key field or the value, the parameter is ignored. The report does run but with the parameters from the underlying report in Jaspersoft. Has anybody else run into this?

• 2.  Re: Custom Report Parameters

Posted May 22, 2018 10:59 PM

The parameter needs to exist in:

In the JasperSoft Studio definition of the report (JRXML file)

In JasperSoft Repository

In CA PPM Report Definition

The parameter ID needs to match in all three locations, including upper/lower case

When definining the 'lookup' in CA PPM, we can now use the 'source database' as 'datawarehouse'.

Have you looked at OOTB reports like Project Storyboard which uses parameter projectKey_1 which is a multi-select parameter to check your set-up for your custom report?

Are you able to run the report from Advance Reporting including using your challenged Parameter?

• 3.  Re: Custom Report Parameters
    Best Answer

Posted May 30, 2018 01:22 PM

Thanks for the response.

The reports do run in Advanced Reporting. I did look at the OOTB reports to create my lookups in a similar way. I also used the DWH as the source database. I spoke with CA support and the issue is that you can run custom reports from Reports and Jobs ONLY if they were created in Jaspersoft Studio.  I created my report in Advanced Reporting. This limitation is apparently stated in the documentation (15.3)

Run or Schedule a Report

The Available Reports page lists Jaspersoft Studio reports that you have access to and can run immediately or schedule to run later. From this view, you can select a report and can set the parameters.