I need your help to find the issue. i tried to download a report as excel from CA PPM and its throwing error as below, but when i tried to export from jaspersoft i could able to see the output properly. Please help to identify the error and to identify the invalid character. Thanks..
Invalid char (:) found at index (20) in sheet name 'GIL - CIO 2018 Goals: Top Proje'
I am not sure what the report is showing as result in PPM, but for example, if t he report is showing a list of projects based on a certain criteria, and you are trying to export the same to an excel file and getting the problem there, then I would suggest you to check if the SRM_PROJECTS.LAST_UPDATED_BY holds the value -99 (minus 99).
Now this was just an example, to explain how you can try to check the problem. So you can find the problem records by running a query, like this:
select id, name, unique_name from srm_projects where last_updated_by=-99
Then update those rows like this:
update srm_projects set last_updated_by=1 where id=(select id from srm_projects where last_updated_by=-99)
I suggest, you narrow down or split the filter criteria and try exporting the results to excel in batches. You can then drill down to that particular data which is causing problem.
To a similar problem very long back, dates like '01-01-0123' caused the issue.
To add to that if the last_updated_date has -99 it won't be visible in PPM at all and that won't stop the export to excel though. However the error shows "Invalid char (:) found at index (20) in sheet name 'GIL - CIO 2018 Goals: Top Proje'"
That means you have some invalid character which excel is unable to handle. Try the workaround mentioned in the link and you should be able to over come Exporting Report Unit to Excel throws error: Invalid char ([) found at index (0) in sheet name | Jaspersoft Community