Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Lock first row of cost plan?

• 1.  Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 19, 2018 07:19 AM

Dear all,

Is it possible to lock or make 'read only' the first row of Cost plan so nobody can edit? We are showing Internal Labor resource's year wise cost in first row.

Here we want to lock or make read only 'Amount by period' column that is a time scaled value.

Please suggest if there is any way to do this.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 07:03 PM

Hi Giriraj,

We do have something called 'Freeze Date' in entities but this would be a static date and not relative. 

Under Administration - Setup(under financial mgmt) - Entities - click on entity name - Plan Defaults - Freeze Date

Once you set the Freeze date, the TSV in the financial plan will become read only until that date. 

Is this what you were looking for. 

Thanks,

Jerin 

• 3.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 19, 2018 11:55 PM

Hi Jerin_Sebastian, do you have the documentation reference for how this works? This is the first time I have heard about this feature.

• 4.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 20, 2018 01:03 AM

Hi Chris,

Please check the below docops link under Create Plan Defaults - Freeze Date

Set Up a Financial Entity - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 5.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 01:11 AM

Thanks Jerin - it is in the small print low down in this section of the documentation - but it is there. I am testing it out now, and it looks quite useful. Does it also freeze dates for when the data in a cost plan TSV is calculated based on team plan allocations or from assignment team?

• 6.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 01:48 AM

Hi Chris,

Its been sometime since I have used it but I am assuming it does even if its populated from team or assignment and not a manual plan. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 7.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 06:05 AM

Thanks Jerin but my requirement is different. In detail cost plan, i would like to lock only first row for not allowing user to modify data as we are calculating it from allocation and actuals. See below snap shot of first row that i want to lock or make read only. Other rows should be editable.

• 8.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2018 02:13 AM

Hi Giriraj,

You may be able to achieve this with a process by building a logic into a gel script and inserting the records into the odf_ca_locked_attributes table. 

But being a direct DB update, it will not be supported and you should be testing it thoroughly before pushing it to prod.

Thanks,

Jerin   

• 9.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 23, 2018 03:58 AM

Additional details on Jerin's suggestion - note, it is not supported by CA:

Lock a TSV value in cost plan detail 

Locking an attribute via XOG or GEL 

• 10.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 26, 2018 11:26 PM

Hi Jerin,

The freeze date functionality sounds interesting! 

Can we selectively freeze only a single custom TSV attribute on cost plan detail leaving rest as they are?

Thanks,

Ashmi

• 11.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 02:52 AM

Hi Ashmi,

I dont think we have the option to lock down only one TSV attr and not the other because we dont have an option under the entity to let the system know which TSV attr to be locked. 

But I may be wrong and you might want to give it a try and check. Sorry its been sometime since I have played around in that area !! 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 12.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 27, 2018 03:10 AM

no worries!! thanks I will give it a try

• 13.  Re: Lock first row of cost plan?

Posted Apr 20, 2018 07:25 AM

I do not think that there is any feature that will solve your exact requirement. "Freeze Date" is helpful but it works with respect to a Date. In this case, I guess you are trying to find a way how you will stop the users modifying cost plans and that will be with respect to row. So I would say PPM does not have anything like that. I do not think that you will be able to do that with some customization also.