Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Approver cannot see timesheet details on Clarity Mobile app

Posted Jul 12, 2017 10:43 PM

Hi,

Is it mandatory for users to be "open for time" and have "Resource - Enter time" instance right apart from "Mobile access" global right to be able to see timesheet details in Clarity mobile app?

I am testing a timesheet approval process on CA Clarity Mobile app

The process sets multiple users i.e. PM & resources other than PMs as timesheet approvers for a submitter, assigns them action item to approve/ reject a timesheet and grants approvers (other than PMs) “Resource - Approve Time” instance right over the submitter.

It works fine on Clarity. The approvers (even if a basic user) gets action item, is able to approve/ reject time via action item and “is able to view timesheet details”

But in Clarity mobile app, approvers do not see timesheet details unless they are “open for time entry” & have “Resource - Enter Time” instance right given to them. (on Clarity web, none of these 2 things were done for approvers and they do see timesheet details)

Pls note that all users have “Mobile - Access” global right.

I tested this in 4 scenarios-

Log in as approver in Clarity (web) and confirm he is able to view timesheet details for submitter.

Note that approver has Mobile access global right that Clarity docs say is the only prerequisite.
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/en/using/ca-clarity-mobile-time-manager-app

1) Open for Time Entry unchecked & "Resource Enter Time" instance right not given -
    For approver - Uncheck open for time & do not give resource enter time instance right.
    Check in Clarity web, he is able to view submitters timesheet details
    Check in Mobile app, he will be able to approve/reject submitter’s time BUT not able to see timesheet details

2) Open for time entry checked & "Resource Enter Time" instance right not given -
    For approver - Check open for time & do not give resource enter time instance right.
    Check in Clarity web, he is able to view submitter’s timesheet details
    Check in Mobile app, he will be able to approve/reject submitter’s time but not able to see timesheet details

3) Open for time entry unchecked & "Resource Enter Time" instance right given -
    For approver - Uncheck open for time & give resource enter time instance right to him (for his own instance)
    Check in Clarity web, he is able to view submitter’s time
    Check in Mobile app, he will be able to approve/reject submitter’s timesheet but not able to see timesheet details

4) Open for time entry checked & "Resource Enter Time" instance right given -
    For approver - Check open for time & give resource enter time instance right (for his own instance)
    Check in Clarity web, he is able to view submitter’s time
    Check in Mobile app, he will be able to approve/reject submitter’s time AND will also be able to see timesheet details

It is not always the case that approvers are open for time (which is the scenario we have) but they must be able to view the details of timesheets they have rights to approve on web n app likewise.

It looks like the level of access is different in Clarity web & clarity mobile app in the same scenarios and it seems inconsistent.

I tested it on 2 apps - CA Clarity Mobile Time Manager and CA Time collection. Behavior is same on both apps.

sees timesheet details only when he is open for time entry and has resource enter time instance right

Thanks,

Ashmi

• 2.  Re: Approver cannot see timesheet details on Clarity Mobile app

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2017 03:18 AM

Hi Ashmi,

I believe this is expected behavior.

Regards

Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Approver cannot see timesheet details on Clarity Mobile app

Posted Jul 13, 2017 09:35 PM

Hi Suman,

It does not make sense. Visibility is different in mobile app & Clarity web for the same scenario/ same user.

I am concerned about the "open for time entry" part. I dont mind granting "resource enter time" instance right to users but I do not want them to be open for time entry. When an approver who is not open for time is able to view timesheet details in Clarity (web) then he must be able to view the same on the mobile app as well. I should not enable him for time just so that he can see timesheet details on the app?

Thanks,

Ashmi

• 4.  Re: Approver cannot see timesheet details on Clarity Mobile app
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 14, 2017 06:59 AM

Hi Ashmi,

We have a defect DE33895 created on the mentioned scenario and the fix for that is targeted  to be in CA PPM next release.

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 5.  Re: Approver cannot see timesheet details on Clarity Mobile app

Posted Jul 16, 2017 09:46 PM

Thanks Srikanth