Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Connect to 12c multi tenant database

Posted Jun 28, 2017 12:46 PM

Dear all,

I hope someone already experienced this issue. 

We have a customer who runs his database on a container structure, which requires to connect the database to a ServiceName instead of the SID. 

When we try to connect we receive the error message "Wrong username / Password" and it looks like the link is just going to the host and not to the specific container we like to connect to.

Is this functionality for the CA JDBC Driver supported?

If so, how is it possible to connect to a multi tenant mode?

We already opened a ticket on this issue, but as this is a rather critical issue regarding time I hope someone can share his/her experience.

Thank you and best regards

Elise

• 2.  Re: Connect to 12c multi tenant database

Posted Jun 29, 2017 05:32 AM

Think that your PPM version will be important here ; when 12c first came out PPM wasn't compatible (or supported) but you could run it if you set 12c up in "legacy" mode. You would need to check your PPM version's compatibility statement first I think? 

Some older threads for info (don't think you will find your answer in any of these though);

Can we use Oracle 12c in backward compatibility mode with CA PPM 14.2?  

Clarity PPM 14.3 version on Oracle 12c?   

• 3.  Re: Connect to 12c multi tenant database

Posted Jul 03, 2017 07:24 AM

Dear David,

thank you for your suggestion. As we didn't have access to the database, we cannot confirm wether legacy mode was enabled or not.

However, the database could be connected by adding ServiceName='***' to the database connection information in the properties.xml file. This change was not accepted first, so we had to manifest this change in the nsa settings.

Thanks for your help!

• 4.  Re: Connect to 12c multi tenant database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2017 11:07 AM

Hi Elise,

We have not tested Oracle Multitenant yet. It will be planned shortly.

Regards

Suman Pramanik