Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 05:18 AM

When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

It seems that we are having to go into the system to close the original idea down for time so that it no longer appears on a time sheet. Is there any where of configuring the system to close the time entry for the idea down automatically?

• 2.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 07, 2017 05:29 AM

Better to develop a process around that

Regards

NJ

• 3.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:13 AM

Yup, I actually just did this a couple weeks ago after realizing this had never happened, can't believe I never noticed. We already had a process convering the idea conversion process so I just added a new step to set this field like below. If you don't already have a process you'd just need to create a new one thats checking for when the idea status is changed to Converted and add this same sort of step.

• 4.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Jul 07, 2017 10:48 AM

Thank you, I'm fairly new to process workflow so just trying to get my head around how you set them up

• 5.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Aug 04, 2017 03:59 AM

Hi L.Elias

I've set up on the action for "Set Open for Time Entry" however I'm not sure what the "Then Go To" next option should be. Would you be able to clarify what this should look like?

Many Thanks

• 6.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Aug 04, 2017 05:16 AM

Hello,

Generally when you set an system action (or other operations) , on a step Action, on the "Then Go To" field , the next sequential step should be referenced in. For example, if post completion of Time Entry step, the process needs to complete, then the field should be set to the step "Finish". If the process still has further actions remaining, then the next logical step should be referenced in this field.

The "Then Go To" field is used for connecting the next available step, to keep the process workflow propagating.

Example:

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Samik

• 7.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2017 08:45 AM

Hi Rich.

Your Process has to update Open for time entry in the IDEA after Project was getting created. if IDEA open time entry has closed before converting to project, then project open time entry also closed. 

I would recommend you to create a process on project object on create mode and your gel script has to verify, if project has created based on Idea, then process should update the corresponding Idea open for time entry to "No"

Thanks

Senthil

• 8.  Re: When an Idea is converted into a project, is it possible to set the system to automatically close the idea for time entry?

Posted Aug 04, 2017 10:54 AM

That makes sense, I was originally told to create this as part of the idea approval process. Thanks