Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Posted Jan 08, 2019 10:42 AM

Hello all,

We are having a issue some timsheets are open but we cannot see them in Clarity.

Any suggestion of how to delete them ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Karim

• 2.  Re: How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:01 AM

Hi Karim,

How are you determining that the Timesheet is open if its not displaying in the UI, from database?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Posted Jan 08, 2019 11:14 AM

Hi Vincent,

I determine that by querying the database.

Thank you and best regards,

Karim

• 4.  Re: How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Posted Jan 08, 2019 12:22 PM

Once a timesheet has been created then you can not remove it without removing the timeperiod (which removes all timesheets related to the period).

Just ignore it perhaps?

If you can't "see" it then why is it a problem.

• 5.  Re: How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Posted Jan 08, 2019 12:51 PM

Hi Karim, 

Please check if the status of the timesheet that you think you are not able to see and check if you are having any filter in the PPM Timesheets page which is different from the affected timesheet's status. Also, I believe the user account you are using, has the access to view that timesheet (as I guess it is the timesheet of some other resource in PPM). 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 6.  Re: How to delete an opened timesheet that cannot see into Clarity

Posted Jan 08, 2019 01:48 PM

My understanding is that at first the timesheet list will show an open timesheet for all resources that are open for Clarity timeentry. That is there is a row in the view even if the timesheet does not exist. The time sheet is first created in the database when the timesheet is opened for the first time. After that you can query the timesheet from prtimesheet table.

If there is a timesheet in prtimesheets eg. with status open, but it is not displayed in the timesheet list then in my opinion

- the user does not have the timeentry or timesheet approve right

- the time period is not open

- the user is not open for timeentry during that time period eg not hired or already fired

or something similar