Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Allocation column in Team Detail

• 1.  Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 03:04 AM

If a resource has 40 hrs allocation each week , then Allocation column in Team --> Detail is showing 160 for 4 weeks.

When i go to configure --> List column section -->  fields --> Allocation-properties and choose the Percentage option with decimal as 2 , as per below screenshot, then the Allocation column shows me 160.00% .

Correct me if i am wrong , or Is there any other column to get the Allocation % ?

When i see the OOTB portlet under Resource planning then it shows 100% under Allocation % column and 160 under Allocation.

• 2.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 03:10 AM

Hi Jaya, 

Please run the Investment Allocation Job for that project where you have did these changes and then check the Resource Planning portlet and let me know if it still shows the allocation of the resource as the same. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 3.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 03:14 AM

One more tip for you based on the steps you mentioned in the discussion: 

Do not allocate hours for a resource in the team or assignment tab and then change the Display Type to percentage. That will create a huge confusion in your calculation. 

Considering your case itself, adding 40 hours per week means 100% allocation for a resource, assuming you have 5 working days with 8 hours each. 

But the moment you are changing the Allocation Display Type to Percentage, it takes all the values as Percentage, and if you do not correct the same 160 hours will be denoted as 160%, which means you are over allocating the resource Big Time. 

Hope that helps.

• 4.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 03:32 AM

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks for helping .

So can we conclude that the Allocation column is not meant for displaying in-terms of % though it has option ?

Regards,

Santosh.

• 5.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 06:16 AM

Hi Santosh, 

If you are thinking that you will enter hours and then by changing the Display Type to Percentage, you will be get the % Allocation calculated value, then you are wrong. This field cannot convert one format to another. You select the format (or Display Type) and then you input the value. That is it! 

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

• 6.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 05:32 AM

Hi,

You can change 'Work Effort Unit of Measure' by Option --> Configure--> List Column Section--> Options on Team Detail page. It may be your expected option.

Select Options.

You will find 'Work Effort Unit of Measure' field.

If you select Hours or System Default, you will see 160.00 hours in Team --> Detail page.

If you select FTE  (full-time equivalent) , you will see 1.00 in Team --> Detail page.

If you select Days, then you will see total days.

Regards,

Shoichi

• 7.  Re: Allocation column in Team Detail

Posted 08-02-2018 05:55 AM

I guess everybody has now realized that what the display type does is it just  formats the given value as per the option chosen for display.

It does not do any sort of conversion between units or other.