Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 02, 2018 09:16 AM

Hi Experts,

I am having an issue with a custom job that is running through clarity after upgrading clarity from 14.3 to 15.3.

1.The  Job is a SQL Stored Procedure executable.

2.I am able to run the stored procedure successfully from studio.

While running the job through clarity I am getting the following error.

ERROR 2018-05-02 07:51:26,455 [Dispatch CF Manage Timesheet Edit & Approval rights for PM's & RM's : bg@SV-CLRTY15-T1 (tenant=clarity)] niku.njs (clarity:AAA3158:18096025__E519D015-489A-4D2D-A1C3-A970013326C7:CF Manage Timesheet Edit & Approval rights for PM''s & RM''s) Error executing job: 6427487
    com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException: extractResultSets may be in an infinite loop
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.extractResultSets(PersistenceController.java:1897)
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processSql(PersistenceController.java:2820)
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processStatement(PersistenceController.java:868)
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processStatements(PersistenceController.java:768)
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.doProcessRequest(PersistenceController.java:576)
     at com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceController.processRequest(PersistenceController.java:306)
     at com.niku.njs.listeners.SPJob.scheduledEventFired(SPJob.java:141)
     at com.niku.njs.Dispatcher$BGTask.run(Dispatcher.java:652)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

I tried debugging the issue and failed. Please shed some light to it.

Thanks,

Harun

• 2.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2018 06:05 AM

Are you able to any other stored procedure via job from PPM 

• 3.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 07, 2018 08:07 AM

Hi SumanPramanik  Yes I am able to run all the other jobs with Stored Procedures. The same job is working fine on clarity 14.3.

• 4.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 07, 2018 11:04 AM

I think the issue is happening only when using nested cursor.  

• 5.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 08, 2018 09:07 AM

Hi Harun,

Are all the related users, rights and custom object attributes in place after the upgrade to make sure the process works fine?

Suhail

• 6.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 08, 2018 10:11 AM

suhail-sayed

Hi Suhail,

Yes we have verified all the user rights, custom object attributes after the upgrade. What made you say that? Can you please elaborate a scenario?

Thanks,

Harun

• 7.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 08, 2018 10:03 PM

Harun, you indicate "2.I am able to run the stored procedure successfully from studio."  PPM Studio will only define the 'job' of executable type "SQL Stored Procedure".  It is not running the stored procedure.  You would need to run from 'Home/Jobs' which is technically not 'studio'.

Have you run the stored procedure directly on the database?  Given that you are jumping from V14.3 to V15.3 which may also have required the database also to be upgraded to a later version, the issue may now be with the way the 'stored procedure' is now functioning in the database, and needs to be corrected and the database stored procedure needs to be corrected, prior to retesting again in Clarity.

• 8.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 09, 2018 12:25 PM

Right, by "studio" do you mean SQL Server Management Studio?  If so, are you logging in as a DBA or with Windows creds, or are you logging in with the application logon?  Also, how are you calling this stored proc?  Is the loop within the SQL code, or the gel script calling the SQL?

• 9.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3

Posted May 10, 2018 05:15 AM

The loop is within the SQL code and am getting this error only when running through application.

• 10.  Re: Custom Job failing after upgrading from clarity 14.3 to clarity 15.3
    Best Answer

Posted May 10, 2018 05:13 AM

Sorry for the confusion . I meant to say SQL server Management Studio.

We cant replicate the issue when running the stored procedure from SQL Management studio. We were using nested cursors in the stored procedure.

Somehow we managed to fix it by giving SET NOCOUNT ON in the beginning of SP. I wonder how the same worked on 14.3 clarity environment .

"Error :com.niku.union.persistence.PersistenceException: extractResultSets may be in an infinite loop"