Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Reduce decimal places on attribute - error ODF-0209

Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:05 AM

I am seeing that after creating an attribute-number and set a number of decimals, it is no allowed to reduce it anymore (ODF-0209 Number of decimal places cannot be reduced).

This behavior occurs even if attribute has not been used yet or added as a field to views.

Is there any workaround to reduce it without deleting and creating a new one?

ODF_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES.SCALE contains the value set on Clarity but the restriction is not applied from this field.

Where this restriction come from?

attribute number v14.2

ODF-0209 on attribute number v14.2

Also decimals places can't be reduced from the field at properties view (but it can from List view)

field(number) configuration v14.2

Same behavior on v15.1

ODF-0209 on attribute number v15.1

• 2.  Re: Reduce decimal places on attribute - error ODF-0209

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2018 03:16 AM

Hi,

This is a DB design and I dont think we can reduce the decimal points even though its not been used. 

If this attribute has not been used at all, the option I can think of is to delete the attribute and recreate a new one.. 

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Reduce decimal places on attribute - error ODF-0209
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:35 AM

Workaround: update to db to modify the field "decimals"(ODF_VIEW_ATTRIBUTES.DECIMALS) on properties views and publish views of the object.

Now all the pages/subpages are displaying the number of decimals expected by user