what does the secure checkbox on the subpage properties do? refer to screenshot.
Sub page related access rights automatically created in the system when you enable secure option in the objects. User can't access the secured subpage until access rights assigned to the user.
How do you control access rights on these subpages? can you give step by step instructions please?
georges.barakeh.2 wrote: can you give step by step instructions please?
can you give step by step instructions please?
Start by reading some documentation perhaps ; for example https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-2/en/reference/ca-ppm-studio-development/ca-ppm-studio-object-views
Please find the step by step instruction for creating a Subpage and granting access to the users.
I have taken project object as an example to create the subpages,
1. Search for the object that you want to create a subpage
2. Go to Views Tab and select the Layout that you want to create the subpage in Create or Edit Layout
Note: Make sure to select the partition if you have any partition.
3. Once you click the Create or Edit Layout you will have an option to create a Subpage.
Click the Create Subpages button
4. Enter the Subpage Name and Subpage ID and click Save and Return Button
5. Now the newly created subpage will available in the edit or create layout that you have created.
6. You can create new subpages by clicking the Create Subpages button and also you can delete the subpages that you have created.
7. After creating a Subpages create a section to add the attributes that you wanted to display it to the user.
8. Click Create Section button and enter the number of section names that you wanted to display in your subage.
Click Save and Return.
9. After creating a section add the Attributes that you want to display it to the user.
Click the Properties and Layout option in Section
10. Add the attributes in the section column depending on your needs
11. Use the Arrow buttons to move the selected attributes to Left or Right Column and click Save and Return.
12. Make the Subpage as secured subpage so that user with the Subpage access rights only can see the subpage that is configured.
13. Once you click the Secure check box on the Subpage the access rights will get populated automatically and make sure that subpage access is granted for the user with Global resource rights or Group Level or OBS Level.
For Subpage also you can grant View Access or Edit Access depends on the requirement.
14. Now we have made the subpage as secured subpage so we need to grant the respective subpage accesss to the user want to see. After granting the subpage access the user is able to see the list of subpages available for access.
Thank you Arun. That is very helpful.
One more question Arun,
If you create a subobject, how do you link the newly created subobject to the masterobject Properties menu?
When you create a sub object, the PPM creates a link automatically. but the link should be available for users based on sub object access rights.
georges.barakeh.2 wrote: One more question Arun,If you create a subobject, how do you link the newly created subobject to the masterobject Properties menu?
You have asked this before ; Link subpage to a subobject
I asked and I still don't know how. Does it bother you if ask again?
georges.barakeh.2 wrote: I asked and I still don't know how. Does it bother you if ask again?
Its not that it "bothers" me, but if people keep asking the same question multiple times (or in multiple threads) then the "knowledge" built up in this community becomes fractured (i.e. someone searching for the same Q in the future may come across an abandoned thread and think that they can not find an answer in here). I think its just good behaviour ("internet message board etiquette") not to fracture discussions or re-ask the same thing?
You will also find that the same people will give you the same answer in multiple threads and re-asking the same question is unlikely to get a different answer - for example Senthil's response above is basically the same as had been given in the other thread. By all means if you don't understand an answer anyone has given (I know I can be a bit quick with answers sometimes ) reply explaining what/why you don't understand (and perhaps what you have attempted to do in order to get to understand) and you will usually get a response again! ( But don't start a new thread, just continue the discussion in the existing one )