Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

• 1.  Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 01, 2017 10:41 AM
      |   view attached

what does the secure checkbox on the subpage properties do? refer to screenshot.

• 2.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2017 10:50 AM

Hi

Sub page related access rights automatically created in the system when you enable secure option in the objects. User can't access the secured subpage until access rights assigned to the user.

Thanks

Senthil

• 3.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 01, 2017 10:53 AM

How do you control access rights on these subpages? can you give step by step instructions please?

• 4.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 01, 2017 11:16 AM

georges.barakeh.2 wrote:

can you give step by step instructions please?

Start by reading some documentation perhaps ; for example https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-2/en/reference/ca-ppm-studio-development/ca-ppm-studio-object-views 

• 5.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 01, 2017 12:42 PM

Hi Georges,

Please find the step by step instruction for creating a Subpage and granting access to the users.

I have taken project object as an example to create the subpages,

1. Search for the object that you want to create a subpage

2.   Go to Views Tab and select the Layout that you want to create the subpage in Create or Edit Layout

Note: Make sure to select the partition if you have any partition.

3.   Once you click the Create or Edit Layout you will have an option to create a Subpage.

Click the Create Subpages button

4.   Enter the Subpage Name and Subpage ID and click Save and Return Button

5.   Now the newly created subpage will available in the edit or create layout that you have created.

6.   You can create new subpages by clicking the Create Subpages button and also you can delete the subpages that you have created.

7.   After creating a Subpages create a section to add the attributes that you wanted to display it to the user.

8.   Click Create Section button and enter the number of section names that you wanted to display in your subage.

Click Save and Return.

9.   After creating a section add the Attributes that you want to display it to the user.

Click the Properties and Layout option in Section

10. Add the attributes in the section column depending on your needs

11. Use the Arrow buttons to move the selected attributes to Left or Right Column and click Save and Return.

12. Make the Subpage as secured subpage so that user with the Subpage access rights only can see the subpage that       is configured.

13.   Once you click the Secure check box on the Subpage the access rights will get populated automatically and make sure that subpage access is granted for the user  with Global resource rights or Group Level or OBS Level.

For Subpage also you can grant View Access or Edit Access depends on the requirement.

14. Now we have made the subpage as secured subpage so we need to grant the respective subpage accesss to the user want to see. After granting the subpage access the user is able to see the list of subpages available for access.

Regards,

Arun

• 6.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 05, 2017 09:27 AM

Thank you Arun. That is very helpful. 

• 7.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:41 AM

One more question Arun,

If you create a subobject, how do you link the newly created subobject to the masterobject Properties menu?

• 8.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:46 AM

When you create a sub object, the PPM creates a link automatically. but the link should be available for users based on sub object access rights.

• 9.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 06, 2017 09:47 AM

georges.barakeh.2 wrote:

One more question Arun,

If you create a subobject, how do you link the newly created subobject to the masterobject Properties menu?

You have asked this before ; Link subpage to a subobject 

• 10.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 06, 2017 10:35 AM

I asked and I still don't know how. Does it bother you if ask again?

• 11.  Re: Secure checkbox on the subpage properties

Posted Sep 06, 2017 01:02 PM

georges.barakeh.2 wrote:

I asked and I still don't know how. Does it bother you if ask again?

Its not that it "bothers" me, but if people keep asking the same question multiple times (or in multiple threads) then the "knowledge" built up in this community becomes fractured (i.e. someone searching for the same Q in the future may come across an abandoned thread and think that they can not find an answer in here). I think its just good behaviour ("internet message board etiquette") not to fracture discussions or re-ask the same thing?

You will also find that the same people will give you the same answer in multiple threads and re-asking the same question is unlikely to get a different answer - for example Senthil's response above is basically the same as had been given in the other thread. By all means if you don't understand an answer anyone has given (I know I can be a bit quick with answers sometimes  ) reply explaining what/why you don't understand (and perhaps what you have attempted to do in order to get to understand) and you will usually get a response again! ( But don't start a new thread, just continue the discussion in the existing one )