Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Difference in amount seen in Cost plan and in Hierarchy.

Posted Jul 20, 2017 03:44 PM

Hi All,

The Forecast, Actuals seen under the cost plan is different when compared with the amount shown under the Hierarchy tab. Is there any Job needs to be run so that the amount under the Hierarchy tab will be populated?

Please see the below screen shots.

For that Project the Actuals is different under the hierarchy tab.

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: Difference in amount seen in Cost plan and in Hierarchy.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2017 04:24 PM

Run import Actuals job and verify the issue.

• 3.  Re: Difference in amount seen in Cost plan and in Hierarchy.

Posted Jul 21, 2017 06:24 AM

Update Earned Value and Cost Totals can be another job that you can try running and see if that helps. 

• 4.  Re: Difference in amount seen in Cost plan and in Hierarchy.

Posted Jul 25, 2017 06:42 AM

I have tried replicating the above scenario in Test Environment, below are the Jobs I have run.

1. Took a timesheet and after its approval I have run Post Timesheet Job.

2. Next Post Transactions to Financials.

3. Post to WIP :- after running this job I have seen records in Posted transaction review , Amount was reflected in Cost Plan for July ,2017 and also under the Hierarchy -> Financail Rollup

Finally I'm not able to replicate the scenario, after the Post to WIP job actuals are shown same in Cost plan and Hierarchy -> Financail Rollup.

So I should know why the amount is different for the above explained project.

Thanks,

Santosh.

• 5.  Re: Difference in amount seen in Cost plan and in Hierarchy.
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 27, 2017 10:38 AM

Hi,

I got the answer for this, the Cost plan is from Aug-Mar so it is showing Actuals  from that period.

There are some -40K( negative transactions) posted in the month of April, so the amount is different.

Thanks.