Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to know query time response

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:14 AM

We have had performance problem in PPM and we would like to know if there is some tool, some log, some table or whatever where we can check the time response of a queries, in relation to optimize these queries or change them.

Thank you in advance

• 2.  Re: How to know query time response

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:24 AM

If you are on-premise then your DBA (Oracle or SQL*Server) should be able to tell you what SQL is causing problems in the application.

• 3.  Re: How to know query time response

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:34 AM

There are some applications which have a log with the info "Query - Time response". We wanted to know if this exists in PPM or if there are some option to know if without our DBA.

Thank you in advance.

• 4.  Re: How to know query time response

Posted Oct 30, 2017 11:41 AM

Does your organization have an Application Performance Management tool/standard? I have Dynatrace tied to my PPM. Works pretty good - I'm still learning. We've identified, and more importantly, solved a half dozen query performance issues with this.

• 5.  Re: How to know query time response
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 30, 2017 12:07 PM

If the problematic query is still unknown, I think you can use Action tracing in Clarity which would generate a trace file containing queries executed as a result of an action being performed in Clarity. The trace file also contains query execution time. Thereby, you might find out the one which is taking more time and work for optimization(if it is a Custom query).

• 6.  Re: How to know query time response

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2017 02:16 AM

There is a Job called Tomcat Analyze Job " CA PPM Health Report, Log Analysis, and Jobs Monitor - CA PPM - 15.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

If you run the job it will read the app access logs and will log the timings. However it won't log Background jobs.

Regards

Suman Pramanik