Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  CA PPM Community Sandbox - Update

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:10 AM

The community sandbox will be at 15.4 shortly and all accounts and custom work will be removed as part of this.  You will have to request new accounts once I post to the community that it is ready.

As a reminder, CA has graciously provided the sandbox to the community with a couple of stipulations that I need to remind the community of:

1. The sandbox is not for commercial purposes. 
    2. Only community members can have access and access is only granted via a request to the sandbox administrator from a link the the community.
    3. other guidelines are communicated when you receive your account.
    4. It took a lot of time and effort for the old Community executive to arrange the sandbox and CA is providing this as a courtesy and absorbs the cost of the hosting and maintenance.

I have noticed that there is some commercial development going on, this is to stop immediately.  If it persists I will ban the user.

Others have been creating accounts for friends and colleagues, this is also to stop.  When I find an account such as this, I deactivate both accounts.

I will not let the actions of a few to put in jeopardy the free sandbox that CA has provided to us. If you are a developer or a consultant and need a developing environment, please contact CA.  This environment is to allow us to experiment and trial new features, not to provide a free development environment for your organization.

On a more positive note, I am cleaning up one of the lower environments to allow users to view a pristine version of 15.4 as the main sandbox is corrupted pretty quickly by those that cannot follow the guidelines. The access will be limited to non-administrative functions.

Sorry that I have to take a bit of a heavy hand, but I want to ensure that our community continues to enjoy the FREE sandbox.

I am making more time in my schedule to perform administrative functions. This will result in quicker turn around times in account creation and deactivation.

Regards,

Mike Thibault

CA PPM Global Community Sandbox admin

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Update

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:44 AM

Glad to hear. I dont use the sandbox often, but it is a great resource either for checking out new features, or to compare OOTB to our own environment. A secondary "clean" environment will be even better for that purpose. Thanks for all the time you put in to keeping it going.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Update

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2018 07:05 PM

Keep up the good work!

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Update

Posted Mar 30, 2018 06:01 AM

Hear hear and thank you thank you

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Community Sandbox - Update

Posted Apr 02, 2018 09:53 AM

The production environment has been upgraded, but not yet available.  I am in the process of cleaning up the environment from all changes and modifications that were made to it from those that had access. I have cleaned up over 13,178,398 process instances, scores of objects, domains, portlets, etc and am trying to get it as close to OOTB as possible.

I will be setting up another environment that will be very close to OOTB, but administrator and developer access will not be available to the community.  I will set it up for user access for those that want to use it OOTB to test functionality.  This will allow members to see the un-corrupted look and feel of the system.  More to follow on this.

MIke