Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Convert resource actual hours in days jasper(DWH)

Posted Mar 19, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi  ,

In one of the DWH report(project status report), there is a change requested to convert actual hours to days.

I am looking for a formula for each resource ,  number of Actual Days=total Actual hours/daily resource availability, but in dwh schema.

dwh_cmn_periods table has data for MONTHLY , WEEKLY etc but not for DAILY.

Highly appreciate any inputs or suggestions how to achieve this.

Clarity version:15.3 ;Jasper:6.4.2

• 2.  Re: Convert resource actual hours in days jasper(DWH)

Posted Mar 21, 2018 12:19 AM

You may want to review the OOTB report 'Resource Availability' which uses a parameter Unit Type of options 'Hours' or 'FTE'.  You may then be able to use this logic to replicate in your report.  Appreciate that your question relates to 'actuals' and the OOTB report suggested is 'availability' but it should be the same concept of converting 'hours' into 'fte'.

Note, you indicate Actual Days=total Actual hours/daily resource availability, the above report will potential use 'normal availability'.  For example, individual is part time and works 4 hours a day, they submit a timesheet for 4 hours.  There FTE is still 0.5 (assuming a 8 hour working day), not 4/4 = 1 which you indicate.

• 3.  Re: Convert resource actual hours in days jasper(DWH)

Posted Mar 29, 2018 07:20 PM

Thank You roland.parrotte.  Very helpful Information.But in my case , For example, individual is part time and works 4 hours a day, availability is set to 4 hours. I have different availability hours set for resources. from 6.5 to 8. I used dwh_ppm db link and called ppm table to get the desired result and it fulfilled the need.