Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New UX - Can't see "Settings"

Posted Mar 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Two users - have made both members of the "Resource Management - Navigate" security group, allowing them both to see the new resources management screens in the New UX.

One user (me) can see the "Settings" link in the pull-down menu next to my avatar/name, allowing me to configure the time period settings for the telescope.

Other user, can't see this "Settings" link.

Both of us see the Resource Management tables and can edit the content of the tables and have our changes saved.

Have not yet found the difference in our accounts that explains why "Settings" shows for me, and not for my user.  Have looked at DocOps content, Google'd and searched the community site, too, not finding anything.  Found PPM Insights: FIRST LOOK at CA PPM 15.2’s Resource Management on how to use "settings" - but nothing yet on how to make the link show.  Hopefully, Janet knows and can help!  ulrja01

Running 15.2 in production.

Ideas?

Dale

• 2.  Re: New UX - Can't see "Settings"

Posted Mar 22, 2018 01:45 PM

Looked at my 15.4

A user created with XOG has the settings link.

The user has the membership in Basic user group, which though does not have any rights.

Also the user has instance Timeentry right to self and

Resource - Self (auto) which is automatically added to all new resources created.

Just wondering it that is it. Then your system would have to be and upgrade from a system where that was not automatically added.

• 3.  Re: New UX - Can't see "Settings"

Posted Mar 22, 2018 02:17 PM

Thank you.

My resource has all of those things, plus the Resource Planning Navigate right for new UX.

Now, I’m a Superuser, with a ton more rights, but with respect to New UX, I don’t yet see a difference – why it works for me and not for others.

Dale