Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Customize Capacity Planning Portlet

Posted Feb 22, 2018 04:12 PM

Hi - I've two questions and both are related to Capacity planning portlet.

First, I'm trying to add custom fields to the capacity portlet to the view. Is there a way to customize it? If so, how should that be done?

Second, how can I filter for Roles rather than with OBS structure. I referred some documentations on Capacity planning portlet. But I'm unable to locate it. Can you please advise on this?

Thanks in advance.

Monica

• 2.  Re: Customize Capacity Planning Portlet

Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:50 PM

The resource planning portlets use system data provider and cannot be modified. You will have to create a custom portlet.with the required fields you want. You use the SQL trace to find out the query behind the out of the box portlets, to start with and modify as you need.

Second question - There are Role Capacity portlets available if you want to use them. Otherwise again the same problem, if you need to alter any of those OOTB portlets, you cannot. Create a custom portlet for your needs. 

• 3.  Re: Customize Capacity Planning Portlet

Posted Feb 24, 2018 05:04 AM

If you are talking about Capacity Planning Overciew

then you are limited to the fields the system data provider has

In this case it is not an object and you cannot add custom fields to that.
    I do not know if you can add custom fields to it by adding them to the underlying object.

Firstly you would have to identify the object. Secondly it can be that only the predefined fields from the underlying object are taken into the system data provider.

If you go to configure and List Filter Section you have Primary role available for filtering.

However, the asterisk next to Resource OBS indicates that to be required. You could choose and OBS which contains all and create one if you really need it if there is none.