Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

• 1.  JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Posted 05-12-2017 04:34 AM

Hello,

I would like to ask you about any experience with increasing range of periods to DWH for Benefit plans. We are facing issue that We have a project with long term benefits but see benefits in DWH until 2020 and no more. We increased DWH time slices but seems that it did not help us as we expected. No change. Any experience with this and any recommendation, please?

thank you

• 2.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Posted 05-12-2017 08:09 AM

Hi Lukas,

Did you get any chance to look into the below details mentioned about DWH Time Slices 

Configure the Data Warehouse Time Slices

Time slices with the Data Warehouse option selected determine the ranges for the Data Warehouse facts. Data Warehouse time slice requests are system requests and cannot be deleted.

The Data Warehouse time slice requests default to the following time periods, which are based on the database server system date:

• One year back and forward for Daily. The From Date of the slice request is one year before the system date.
    • One year back and forward for Weekly. The From Date is one year before the system date. The From Date is the same day as the First Day of Work Week in the Project Management Settings under the Administration menu.
    • Three years back and forward for Monthly. The From Date is three years before the system date and is always the first day of the month.
    • Three years back and forward for Fiscal. The From Date is three years before the system date. The From Date is the start date of the fiscal period for the entity that is selected for the Data Warehouse. The fiscal period that is referenced is of type Monthly or 13 Period, whichever is set for the entity.

Important! The entity must have Monthly (or 13 Period) fiscal time periods set up to cover the range of the time slice requests. Otherwise, the time slice requests are ignored when the Time Slice job runs.

Verify that the ranges work for your business needs. If necessary, you can update the From Date and Number of Periods by opening a time slice and changing the properties.

Regards,

Srikanth G

• 3.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-12-2017 10:32 AM

Hi Lukas,

Please ensure your fiscal periods go beyond 2020, if they don't, you will not see the financial data after this point.

Once you add more open fiscal periods, please run a Load DWH - Full until completion.

Please try this and let me know if that works.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 4.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Posted 05-16-2017 02:21 AM

Hello Nika, thank you for your reply. But problem is that we have open fiscal periods over 2025. So as I understand how it works then we should see financial data to last open fiscal period we have opened. DWH weekly slices were set up to reach those periods as well. Then we ran full load DWH JOB but still do not see it. Any other suggestions what could help to make it working? I have to mention that for PRE-PROD environment worked fine. Thank you Lukas

• 5.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-16-2017 10:27 AM

Hi Lukas

I see, this is odd. Please try the following solution to reset the Data Warehouse slices:

1. Go to PPM UI - System Options
    2. Scroll to Data Warehouse Options
    3. Clear up the selected Entity by hitting the X, this will delete it
    4. Save
    5. Now Re-enter your entity again
    6. Run manually Timeslicing until completion (may take more time)
    7. Run Data Warehouse job - Full Load

Hope this helps.

Thank you -Nika

• 6.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Posted 05-22-2017 05:58 AM

Hello Nika, thank you for your valuable tips how to solve this. Finally we had to find out which DHW time slice includes requested data. I have not found any kind of definition of DWH timeslices, anyway it is working for now. Do you have any idea where DWH timeslices are documented in a way what data are preparing during DWH load perspective?thank you a lot

• 7.  Re: JasperSoft DWH - Benefit plans data visibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 05-24-2017 11:17 AM