View Only
  • 1.  Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Posted Mar 20, 2018 06:39 AM

How can I use XOG to create application in clarity ppm

• 2.  Re: Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2018 06:49 AM

You have the xog development guide and hope that will help you 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/14-3/en/reference/xml-open-gateway-xog-development 

• 3.  Re: Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Posted Mar 23, 2018 03:12 PM

After you have set up the XOG client use inv_applications_read.xml to read an existing application and modify the output to write a new into the system.

• 4.  Re: Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Posted Mar 27, 2018 06:13 AM

am able to call the inv_applications.xml ,but am getting only empty result,any things to check?please help

• 5.  Re: Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Posted Mar 27, 2018 08:42 AM

I was trying to call inv_applications_write.xml for creating new application in clarity ppm,am able to retrieve the records,but not able to insert records.
    am getting java.sql.SQLException: [CA Clarity][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]The user does not have permission to perform this action. 
    so am not sure why this is happening,does XOG client user should also exist as clarity SQL user .as the user am using to work with XOG doesnt exist for sql.
    Please help me on understanding this.

• 6.  Re: Create Application in backend in CA PPM

Posted Mar 27, 2018 11:46 AM

The behaviour sounds like the user ID which is logged in for XOG either does not have

Application - Create    Allows user to create Applications. Includes the Application - Navigate right.

If you can read then the user must have.

Application - XOG Access Allows user to import and export Application instances using the XML Open Gateway interface.