Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

• 1.  Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 16, 2017 03:01 AM

Hi All,

We have recently upgraded the jaspersoft to 6.2.1 version with latest patch. After the upgrade, its taking 5 minutes to open repository. Earlier it was taking only 90second to open the repository. How we can fix this one

How to increase the tomcat JVM heap size in this new version. I couldn't locate  parameter JAVA_OPTS in setclasspath file in tomcat bin.

Please help me to sort out this issue?

Thanks,

Agin

• 2.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 03:30 AM

Hi Agin,

In Jaspersoft 6.2.1 we are keeping the JVM parameters under setenv.bat or setenv.sh 

set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xms6144m -Xmx6144m -XX:MetaspaceSize=32m
    set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xss2m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
    set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled

Also run a browser trace using F12 to see where its taking longer?

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 3.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:03 AM
      |   view attached

Thanks Suman.

I am able to change the tomcat JVM heap.

I have enabled browser trace and able to see the below link is taking 6 minutes to load.

https://url.com/reportservice/flow.html?_flowId=searchFlow&method=getChildren&provider=repositoryExpl… 

and our production is still in lower jaspersoft version. for loading  almost same data it take only 1.3 minutes.

Am attaching file content which was taken 6 minutes to load the data.

Thanks,

Agin

Attachment(s)

zip
    Browser trace.xml.zip   7 KB 1 version

• 4.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:39 AM

Hi Agin,

It would have been better if you had provided the HAR file, also try to gather database stats and see the performance.  I think you should log a case to be looked into. 

Regards

Suman pramanik 

• 5.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 07:58 AM

Also how many user folders you have created and what is the PPM patch level? 

• 6.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 16, 2017 08:48 AM

we have around 400+ custom folder and in CA PPM14.3 with patch 9

Thanks,

Agin

• 7.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:03 AM

That could be one of the reason for it, can you share a screen shot of the Advance reporting home page. We had performance issues with many folders and hence we took off the feature to provide folders for every user.

Also I believe you are cleaning up the folders with the content.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 8.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:35 AM
      |   view attached

Suman,

Thanks for your quick response on this issue.

Here we are using this same setup of folders in production with patch 9 and jaspersoft version is 6.1.0. There it take only 1.3 minutes to load the repository.

While upgrading, we had used the export file (UI export) from Production and upgraded. Reports are working fine. But the repository is taking 6-8 minutes to load.

Am attaching a screen shot. Those are not user folders. We have created different folders to implement data level security in reports.

Thanks,

Agin

• 9.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:39 AM

Hi Agin,

Did you manage to gather stats for Jaspersoft schema? 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 10.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 16, 2017 10:12 AM

Suman,

Waiting for DBA team to get the stats. I will update you, once i recieve the same.

Thanks

Agin

• 11.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 17, 2017 04:51 AM

Hi Suman,

Please find the response from DB team.

table space is used by jaspersoft schema ? PPM_Jaspersoft
    all privileges this schema have.
    CONNECT
    CREATE SESSION
    QUERY REWRITE
    RESOURCE
    UNLIMITED TABLESPACE

last stats gathered on tables on schema are of 15th and 16th .(most of them are on 15th and some are on 16th).

Thanks,

Agin

• 12.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2017 04:55 AM

Hi Agin,

I see you raised a case and we will work with you via case.

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 13.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 21, 2017 01:56 AM

Hi Suman,

Is it possible to take the trace of the Repository click action so that we can check where it is taking time to load.

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 14.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 02:09 AM

Hi Pragya,

Yes you can log in to Jaspersoft console as superuser and then under Manage --> Server Settings there are additional tracing you can do. I would recommend to trace under "SQL query executer". Also please check count of JIRESOURCEFOLDER

More the number of folders and the contents in that it will be slower and thats was the reason we took away folder creation after 14.3 patch 7

Regards

Suman Pramanik  

• 15.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 21, 2017 02:52 AM

Hi Suman,

Thank you.

We will try taking trace. Also, the number of records in JIRESOURCEFOLDER table is 2569.

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 16.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2017 03:17 AM

Thanks, did you apply the latest patch on 6.2.1?

• 17.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Feb 21, 2017 04:42 AM

Hi Suman,

Yes, latest patch has been applied for Jaspersoft 6.2.1.

The trace did not captured anything related to repository link. Only when reports are executed, the trace logs can been seen.

• 18.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Posted Mar 03, 2017 02:37 AM

Hi Suman,

Could you please confirm the tomcat version to be used in Jasperserver 6.2.1? In jaspersoft community, its mentioned as tomcat 8. This leads to this confusion!

We have done it on apache tomcat 7.0.55.

Thanks,

Agin

• 19.  Re: Taking more time to open repository after the jaspersoft upgrade to 6.2.1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 03:04 AM

Hi Agin,

Please go by what is mentioned in our document ie. Docops.ca.com

Regards

Suman Pramanik