Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Jaspersoft Studio SQL query error

Posted Dec 21, 2016 03:45 PM

Hello

I am getting the following error  (please see attached image) when trying to run query of a OOB Report-Project Storyboard using Jaspersoft Studio.

any ideas?

Thank you very much. 

CA PPM 14.3 SAAS

Jaspersoft version: 6.2.1_5.2.1.54

Jaspersoft studio professional version: 6.1.0.final

• 2.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio SQL query error

Posted Dec 22, 2016 03:31 AM

Usually get that ORACLE error just when there is bad syntax in the query - like a missing comma somewhere. Can't see your SQL so can't really guess at what that would be.

• 3.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio SQL query error

Posted Dec 22, 2016 11:04 AM

In fact, looking at the bit I can see in your screen shot, I would think that you need to change the $P!(dwhDBSchema) bit (highlighted in red on line 14 in the screen shot) - this is presumably trying to pass into the query a parameter (dwhDBSchema) which would contain the schema owner of the DWH and presumably that parameter syntax doesn't work the same in Jaspersoft?

If you are just "playing", then just replace (hardcode) that highlighted text everywhere in the query with your real DWH schema owner name (or just remove it if you are attached to that schema already).

• 4.  Re: Jaspersoft Studio SQL query error

Posted Dec 23, 2016 06:14 AM

Hi Andres,

which user do you use to run the report? Only users from CA PPM can use the parameters like dwhDBSchema as they are populated by the OOTB Bean datasources CA PPM BEAN and CA PPM DWH BEAN.

Regards

Georg