Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 02:38 PM

Sorry if this question has been asked and answered already - did a search and couldn't find evidence that it had been asked.

In the New UX Documents feature, will some version beyond 15.2 allow one to enable/view history, versions, checkout?

This is a really useful and well used feature of classic.  We are upgrading to 15.4 - should be able to see, before end of April, if these doc features are present, or not - if not, would like to know if they are planned for summer or fall release, patch, etc.

Dale

• 2.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted Apr 09, 2018 04:54 PM

If you do not get an answer here ask it in Roadmap webinar on April 11 or Ask CA on April 12.

• 3.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 09, 2018 05:40 PM

Hi Dale,

I checked and this hasn't been added as of 15.4 in the new UX unfortunately, it's only currently supported in the Classic UI. Here's a link to the 15.4 documentation that references it (in a Note section), but I also tested in 15.4 as well: https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm-saas/15-4/en/using/getting-started-with-the-ca-ppm-new-user-experience/new-user-experience-… 

To request it as a new feature (in case it's not in the roadmap) another option would be to submit an idea, here's details on the new process for logging an idea:

Based on customer suggestions, CA PPM has made changes to our ideation process and launched a new Customer Innovation Process https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-ppm/blog/2018/01/12/new-customer-innovation-process-for-ca-ppm.  Each customer organization is now entitled to one voting representative (per production instance) to submit and indicate support for identified product enhancements.  Individuals interested in submitting enhancement requests should contact their organization’s CA PPM voting representative.  If the organization does not have a voting representative, they can nominate a representative by providing their name and e-mail address to cappm@ca.com. Ideas submitted to the CA Communities site are still active and monitored for details and feedback, but the primary avenue for moving ideas through our new process involves the voting representatives

Regards,

Kristin

• 4.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 10:17 AM

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for the answer.

Well aware of the new idea process.

This is not a new feature – it’s been around since 2002 and we have been using it extensively.  These doc features are some of the most liked and used features of CA PPM in our organization.  Deleting such features makes it difficult to promote the app, especially if we have to gather votes and wait a year or more for their return.

The tables and attributes are still there – I don’t expect the upgrade to delete our existing document meta-data, or does it?

Patch it, quickly.  If the roadmap intends to drop these features forever, need to know this – may significantly alter our upgrade plans.

Dale

• 5.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 11:05 AM

Hi Dale,

It really isn't a matter of deleting functionality.  The New UX is coded very differently than the classic UI.  Product Management and Development are gradually adding features from the Classic UI to the new UX.  As you mentioned this is a very important feature for some of our customers.  But I have no idea where it is on the roadmap for CA PPM.  Like some of the others have said, it might be good to attend the roadmap meeting or the Ask CA meeting so that you can directly ask someone from Product Management about this feature and where it is in the roadmap.

Jeanne

• 6.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 01:10 PM

Hi Jeanne! We’re still both here!

Received feedback from Product Management that these features are not on the roadmap and was suggested that I create an idea.  After being told twice, I did so:  D210-Complete move of Document features to New UX (versions, history, checkout, ...)<https://cappm.brightidea.com/D210>

If it’s going to take a long time to get this into New UX, better to start sooner…

Currently, we have no votes to put on this – our 3 votes are another hot topic for us:  D169-Need ability to change project's and departments home currency<https://cappm.brightidea.com/D169>   ….we were a USD based company until purchased by a EU based company – expect there is a way to convert our projects, but not through the UI, probably only via update scripts.  And before this happens, we’ve got groups that would like to move their projects from USD to local currency.

I need 6 (or more) votes!

Dale

• 7.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted Apr 10, 2018 02:54 PM

Thanks for roadmap meeting suggestion – found the page and have signed up for tomorrow’s session.

• 8.  Re: New UX Documents - history, versions, checkout?

Posted May 03, 2018 08:37 PM

@Dale, this was a top feedback with several other things from several of us that beta tested 15.2  (yes 15.2)   I know this may sound a bit harsh ,but what is the point of getting your customers' involved in a beta process, getting their feedback prioritized and then just ignoring it?

I saw that with several things and not just the documents  . The new idea process should be for new enhancements, since it is a lengthy process. It really is about being transparent----customers should not have to ask CA to include existing functionality.. bigger things I get,,it takes time to code, but there are so many smaller features that would be a win win. What is the purpose of having a new look if users can't adopt it? And yes, this is for EXISTING customers, .. new customers won't really know the difference. CA should already have the immediate missing pieces (Again "smaller" wins ) planned and share that with the customers, especially since we are no longer getting patches but mini and major releases.

I desperately want our users to adopt the ux, but being a client for over 14 yrs,, my users are saying "what's the point?" -- the navigation /interaction with classic was also another TOP urgent priority feedback that has still not been addressed. and is the #1 push back from our users.. Users will be more willing to adopt it IF you give them more dynamic and easier ways to navigate between the two.(which I agree)