Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Debug logs level

Posted Oct 03, 2017 10:40 AM
      |   view attached

I 'm troubleshooting a process. I included debug points in the gel script. I would like to see the debug in the logs.

I would like to change the log level to "debug" in the NSA on the logs configuration tab

1- Which settings should I change?

2- Which log file (admin.log , app-ca.log etc..) will capture the process logs?

when processes are ran we can trace the progress from the app. We get limited debug msgs there. Is there a better way to include higher debug level?

• 2.  Re: Debug logs level
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:36 PM

HI Georges

Gel script debug logging can be available from the Process Messages as well as CMD output and custom logs.

For simply one time troubleshooting of a process I would recommend seeing the message from UI or Command Prompt output.

For a more permanent log, we recommend you don't overwhelm the standard PPM logs with multiple custom GEL script messages - setting up a separate log would be a better idea. The reason is that when there is an application issue the error message would get drown into gel log output and you will miss important information. It has happen before to us in Support and added additional time to resolve the issues.

Here is a good explanation of how GEL output works by Dave:

https://communities.ca.com/thread/13954533

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Debug logs level

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 03, 2017 12:46 PM

Also, check this document by Gene Greiff:

How to use <gel:log> for Gel script testing via a command shell