Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 03, 2016 04:17 AM

Hi All, 

You may know standard error 500 while trying to download some attachment - "Error 500 - Internal Server Error. The server could not retrieve the document due to server-configuration or other technical problems" when it's not available on the server.

Overview (quite longer but needed....):

We have custom attachment field on a project where users can upload some docs. According to NSA configuration, we have stored it on the server at "/home/clarity/mnt/filestore" folder. 

Currently we are having some issues now with the download attempts of these files from users. They are facing with error above. However when I've tried (as Niku admin) to download that files - It worked!

How is that possible? During my investigation of this error I've found interesting thing:

We have 2 Production servers running Clarity v.13.3 on. On both we have set filestore folder as "/home/clarity/mnt/filestore"

When I've tried to download that files, it worked, if users it didn't. So I've searched this error through logs and found it was located at the second (PROD2) server app-ca.logs. Example:

So I've checked that path at PROD2 server and the file was really not there!:

But when I've checked PROD1 server and its filestore path, there were much more files and "my file" (729) also:

Error explanation:

My tip for this issue is that some users are handled by app services from the second PROD2 server and that files are really not there (that's why Error comes)... But myself as an admin - I'm handled with app services from PROD1 server where these files are located/saved. 

Questions:

How can we ensure to have the same files on both servers? Why it's not automatically handled by Clarity? 

Thanks!

Matej

• 2.  Re: Attachment download error 500

• 3.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 04, 2016 04:58 AM

Hi Navzjoshi, 

Thanks for sharing this info but I assume it's moreover about upgrade. 

My situation is standard running environment. 

Question is only how can we ensure the availability/saving of attached files on the both production servers? 

Still we have to run "admin search recreate-index-files" commands? 

• 4.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 04, 2016 05:16 AM

Yes, and I think a symbolic link in you case should help

NJ

• 5.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 05, 2016 02:31 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

I've just run these "index recreate" commands on both production servers but issue is still there. 

Should I do something more? 

,Matej

• 6.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 05, 2016 02:38 AM

Can you ask for a symbolic link to be created ? That should help, as far as I understand.

NJ

• 7.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 05, 2016 02:43 AM

Whom should I ask?  
    I've searched for "symbolic link" in Change Impact and Upgrade Guide v 13.2 and 13.3 but didn't find anything. 

Can you please guide me how to create this symbolic link? 

Thanks,

Matej

• 8.  Re: Attachment download error 500

Posted Oct 05, 2016 03:16 AM

Your network team can create a symbolic link for the 2 directories

NJ

• 9.  Re: Attachment download error 500
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 06, 2016 04:20 AM

Hi Navzjoshi,

Thanks for tip for asking. 

After clarification with our server admin, we've found out that on the second server was not activated mounting of /home/clarity/mnt directory. After activation at second server, all attached files including filestore folder are now available also from the second server, so that solved our issue. 

Thanks,

Matej