Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Associating OBS Unit with Team object

Posted Jan 20, 2017 04:36 AM

Hi,

I was trying to associate Team object with OBS unit and unfortunately I couldn't find that in the object list that can be associated with OBS. Is there any workaround to get OBS unit with Team object?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

H.Monica

• 2.  Re: Associating OBS Unit with Team object

Posted Jan 20, 2017 04:40 AM

Sorry I saw your question when you posted in earlier (OBS unit unavailable to Team Object ) and meant to respond...

I could not think of why TEAM would have an OBS dimension (I mean what functional reason it supported) - does your use-case not get satisfied by having the OBS association at PROJECT and/or RESOURCE level?

• 3.  Re: Associating OBS Unit with Team object

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 24, 2017 12:08 PM

OBS can be associated with Team through the ‘Staff OBS Unit' attribute.

The reason for using this is to pre-set the OBS filter in Resource Finder - you can always override this.

Out-of-the-box (OOTB) the default is set in the ‘Default Staff OBS Unit' attribute on the Settings subpage of the Project Properties. This attribute sees OBSs that are associated with Resources. The idea here is you can set the most common OBS node that you're going to use on the project.

When you add a Role to the Team, the default you set on the Settings subpage will populate the Staff OBS Unit but you can override this if required. If you add a Resource it defaults to the unit specified on the Resource Properties.

If this is used properly, you can get away with fewer Roles and just use the Staff OBS to direct the search in the right area of the business, instead of having multiple role variants based on organisation.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve