Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Resource Shift details

Posted Feb 15, 2017 01:48 AM

Hi,

I've allocated shift to my resource and I want to read the shift details for all resource in CA PPM. Is there a way by which I could extract it out? Is that stored in any table in DB? Can you please provide me the details ?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Monica

• 2.  Re: Resource Shift details

Posted Feb 15, 2017 02:00 AM

The shifts go to the resource calendar and define the availability.

They are stored in a blob.

What Clarity provides for viewing the blobs is time slices.

The granularity of the time slices only go down to daily total hours in detail.

My answer is: No, there is not a way other than looking at them in the GUI.

That is unless you use some third party tool which can extract data from the curves.

• 3.  Re: Resource Shift details

Posted Feb 15, 2017 04:22 AM

urmas thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any way out that I can define shift for the resource and is accessible andeditable by user itself?

• 4.  Re: Resource Shift details
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 15, 2017 06:41 AM

The only place where you as PMO/admin and the user can see and define that is in the GUI in resource properties on the calendar tab. The resource needs some rights to view (and edit) his/her own calendar. DO not recall off hand what it is.

• 5.  Re: Resource Shift details

Posted Feb 15, 2017 11:23 PM

Will I be able to show it up in a portlet for the user on weekly basis?

• 6.  Re: Resource Shift details

Posted Feb 16, 2017 06:29 AM

The way I understand it: NO.

As said the data is in blobs and the user/admin does not have access to blobs.

CA PPM provides the functionality to access (view only) some of the data in slices.

Some views though have edit possibility through the displayed slices to save changes in blobs.

However, the shifts .in availability are not sliced as far as I know.

The only way you can get the information is to get the third party curve extractor which I think was developed by the guys who wrote the blob handling code  in CA PPM.