Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  MSP Format Template Trouble

Posted Mar 20, 2017 11:03 AM
      |   view attached

Hi everyone!!

We have some issues with the format of project template.

We create a project from template, when we download to MSP, the project gantt do not show the format like Colors, and colums.

The step by step:

1. Create a MSP project with some task, and give them colors and some colums like text20. (I attached the template)
    2. Create a Project template with the MSP template that we created.
    3. Create a project from this template.

The expected result: When you open the gantt to MSP you have to see the same format, the same colors and columns that there was in the original template.

The result that we have: You have the same number of tasks and the names, but the format is not the same.

Aclaration:

If i upload the template to any project and i save it, when i download it, i will see the same format. But when you create from template, shows the diferences in the format.

Have Someone the same issue?
    c

Attachment(s)

mpp
    template_proyectos_c.mpp   865 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: MSP Format Template Trouble

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 20, 2017 11:20 AM

Are you using the new or the legacy driver? http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1251693.aspx

If you are using the new driver, most of the view (MSP-specific) settings and customizations are not saved back to PPM:

"Custom views are no longer saved in the MPP file. If you add a column or you use a custom view, the view is discarded. All mapping and data in nonmapped fields is stored.": Manage Projects with Microsoft Project (MSP) - CA PPM - 14.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: MSP Format Template Trouble

Posted Mar 20, 2017 02:44 PM

Hi Marc, thanks for your reply.

We are using the old Plug in in some pc and the new plugin (legacy mode) in others. Happened we both.

This worked fine and then, we don't know what was the change but stoped working and started to work like i describe.

This start to Happened with clarity 13.2 and still Happened after the upgrade to 15.1

We need this functionality.

• 4.  Re: MSP Format Template Trouble

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 21, 2017 03:33 AM

Hello Ariel-Prado,

With the legacy driver, you might need to reinstall the integration and/or Microsoft Project to make sure that it is working. With the new driver, I really suspect that this is unfortunately not possible.

If this has worked in the past with the legacy driver and you tried the reinstallation suggestion, please open a support case as it might be necessary to check the PPM MSP caches or a different solution.

Regards,

Marc

• 5.  Re: MSP Format Template Trouble

Posted Mar 22, 2017 10:11 AM

Ariel,

What you describe has always been my experience with Clarity and MSP going back to version 12.1.  What I have advised our PMs to do, and have done myself, is save a view in MSP that is applicable to all projects.  When I open a new project for the first time, then, all I have to do is select that custom view from the dropdown in MSP to get my preferred settings.