Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project - Edit Financial All access right

Posted Mar 17, 2017 03:01 PM

The documentation says only this much about this access

Project - Edit Financial - All

Allows users to view and edit the general properties, processes, and financial information about all projects. This right also allows the user to enable financial projects.

I want to allow Project managers to edit Task -->cost type

Project - Edit Financial - All access grants them this permission but what additional(specific) access does it provide to the person?

• 2.  Re: Project - Edit Financial All access right

Posted Mar 17, 2017 05:45 PM

Suhas:

That access right will allow the user access to the Project Properties/Settings page, and allow them to edit virtually all of the fields on that page.

John

• 3.  Re: Project - Edit Financial All access right

Posted Mar 20, 2017 10:47 AM

Can you share screenshot of that screen? I don’t see that page. Not even in Vanilla clarity instance.

• 4.  Re: Project - Edit Financial All access right

Posted Mar 20, 2017 12:34 PM

Suhashk:

The Settings page is found as shown below –

This is from 14.4.  In older versions of Clarity (possibly pre-14.2, and certainly 13.x), the page is labeled Financials.

Depending on your version of Clarity, the page will look similar to:

[cid:image004.jpg@01D2A165.6895C3E0]

Not all of the fields on this view above will be on older versions of Clarity, but the key financially related ones will be present.

Regards,

John

• 5.  Re: Project - Edit Financial All access right

Posted Mar 21, 2017 10:32 AM

Hello Suhas,

Do you mean access to Cost Plans? There is an access right: Project - Cost Plan - Edit that you can provide to the Project Manager on his Project. This will allow him to create and edit a Cost Plan for a Project within the Financial Plans tab. There is also a Project - Cost Plan - View access rights in case if you want to just provide read only rights to the Project Manager and not write access. These access rights can only be provided on the OBS Unit and Global level. Regarding Project - Edit Financial - All, this is a Global level access right that I suppose provides access to the Financial sub-section on all the Projects on the CA Clarity PPM tool. This is not related to the Financial Plans tab as far as I know.

Hope this helps!

Suhail.