Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  New UX Timesheets - Project ID?

Posted Mar 02, 2018 04:17 PM

Apologies if this question has been asked already - seems like it ought to have been, but searching for it, I cannot find it.

Our users rely on the Project ID to differentiate between projects which often times have similar names.  When asked to be added to projects, project managers and team members pass Project ID, rather than the sometimes long project names.

Is there a way to add Project ID to the timesheets in New UX?

We are in 15.2, planning move to 15.4.

Thanks,

Dale

• 2.  Re: New UX Timesheets - Project ID?

Posted Mar 04, 2018 11:27 AM

I can see the project ID in brackets in the same line as the investment name (above the time entry row of the timesheet).

• 3.  Re: New UX Timesheets - Project ID?

Posted Mar 04, 2018 04:34 PM

My recollection is that in the latest version (15.3 currently) the timesheet in the new UX is configurable.

On the other hand you can see the project ID in the same manner when add tasks

If the name and ID are too long together to fit in the column with you can see all of them in the bubble when you hover the cell.mouse over the

• 4.  Re: New UX Timesheets - Project ID?

Posted Mar 06, 2018 05:29 AM

You can also enter the project ID in the Work Name / ID field, in the Add Work window, and this will filter the list to only shows tasks from that project.

• 5.  Re: New UX Timesheets - Project ID?

Posted Mar 19, 2018 03:02 PM

Thank you, Sue, Urmas.

When adding tasks, I think the primary issue would be resolved if Project (Work) ID were presented to the left of Project (Work) name, and if the column width or height were adjustable so that the whole ID and name were visible.  The hints are helpful, but still the New UX lacks a few features from the old, that were useful.

Also, if our project managers were expected to have their WBS in CA PPM and have it kept up to date, our users would have a much easier time - work would populate automatically when due, rather than people having to hunt for stuff. 

Has anyone seen this on 15.4?  Any improvements?