Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  How to move report from repo to repo?

Posted May 19, 2016 09:53 AM

I will need to eventually move my reports from QA up to Production.. Is there any way to move these Jaspersoft files from the repository of QA to the repository of Production without re-uploading everything?  I'd hate to go through the upload process again from scratch to get them to production as there is more room for errors.. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

• 2.  Re: How to move report from repo to repo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 09:57 AM

Hi Matt,

I assume you are talking about Jaspersoft, you can upload each report rather than entire repository.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How to move report from repo to repo?

Posted May 19, 2016 10:05 AM

Thank you, I get that.  I was able to upload the .jrxml file and get the report to work properly with the correct parameters.  My input controls seem to get pretty big, is there any way to simply move these files from QA to Production? Or must we just re-upload the files to production, and recreate the input controls?

It shouldn't be too difficult to redo the input controls, as they are based off of queries, but just curious if there is any way to maybe export these items and import them into another repo to speed up the process?

Thanks again

• 4.  Re: How to move report from repo to repo?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2016 10:14 AM

Once you save the report save the report entire folder with dependencies and upload everything as part of report to the destination server.

• 5.  Re: How to move report from repo to repo?