Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Set Up a Proxy for Another CA PPM User

Posted Feb 12, 2018 04:29 PM

Is there a way to set up a proxy for another user? I am one of the CA admins in my company and we assist about 200 other PPM users with various functionalities. Typically when we need to set up a proxy for them, we would need to log in as that user to set this up, however we do not see this as being best practice. Is there a way to set up a proxy for another user through an admin account or through resource management?

• 2.  Re: Set Up a Proxy for Another CA PPM User
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 12, 2018 05:00 PM

Out of the box, nothing available that I’m aware of.

Expect this could be done, following the maintenance agreement, with a custom portlet that lets you pick the user and their proxy.  Upon saving change, a GEL scrip based process would update the necessary.

I don’t know the table/fields involved, but we did something similar for updating usernames.  Previous versions of CA PPM didn’t allow one to change usernames after connecting to LDAP.  So, we created a custom portlet with an attribute/lookup to pick existing users, and a text attribute to type in their corrected username.  On save, a workflow process with GEL script writes the updated username from our custom text field into cmn_sec_users.user_name.

Then just limit access rights to the new portlet to those that should see it.

Dale

• 3.  Re: Set Up a Proxy for Another CA PPM User

Posted Feb 12, 2018 05:02 PM

Thanks for your input! I will give this a try!