Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 11, 2016 11:58 AM

Hi,

In our Clarity Prod many cases observed where partial timeentry has been posted.

for instance -

Tmesheet  for Resource - XYZ
    MonTueWedThruFri
    Proj 187654

from above timesheet hours for Mon & Tue are available in WIP whereas for remaining days hours are missing from WIP.

I am wondering what could be the cause. Project is financially OPEN (that's why only 2 days hours posted )

Any one faced similar issue ? looking for approach to make it available in WIP.

PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED flag setting back to 0 would not work since partial entries already posted.

• 2.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 09:30 PM

Hi K P

First of all, I would check to make sure the 'missing' actuals from Wed Thu and Fri are not in Invalid Transactions(imp_transactionimport) or waiting for Post to WIP(ppa_transcontrol).

Assuming that they are not in the above tables and the PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED = 1 for all the 5 days and prtimesheet.prid = ppa_wip.prexternalbatchid (the timesheet id) is only showing for Mon and Tues, we can confirm that the actuals from wed thu and fri were deleted from invalid transactions. 

If that's the case, getting these actuals back to WIP is going to be tricky

If you simply adjust the timesheet and submit again without any changes, no transactions will be generated in invalid trx.

If you modify/insert any fields like user values and submit with the same actual hours, transactions will be generated but they will have the same positive and negative numbers which means your WIP table will end up having the sum of only Mon and Tues actuals. 

Since the transactions were posted to invalid trx, the actual cost in the assignments will be updated. So as far as I can think, Transaction Entry is the only option here but this is going to mess up the mapping of data between timesheets table and ppa_wip table. For example, the externalbatchid will be different for these transaction entries and will not match with timesheet id. But I think the actual hours and cost (which usually matters the most) should be in sync.

I will be more than happy if anyone else have a better option than this.

Thanks,

Jerin

• 3.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 12, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi Jerin,

We are assuming that it might have deleted from invalid transaction. However, question comes that what scenario allows the entry of 2 days to post to WIP and others to become invalid transaction. Since it is booked for Single project so in any probable cause of being it invalid (chargecode, location etc) should be applicable for all days and whole timesheet should not have been processed do WIP. Also, I am very sure that these 3 days missing entries not deleted from tables - PPA_TRANSCONTROL or PPA_WIP

Regards,

Khushboo

• 4.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 12, 2016 04:59 AM

Can you check the status and termination date of resource. We had scenario where the resources appears in Invalid transactions if he charged time after termination date.

• 5.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 12, 2016 06:03 AM

Termination date is NULL and status Active

• 6.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:30 PM

Hi kp1 - Did Jerin_Sebastian's response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 7.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 12, 2016 08:33 PM

Hi Khushboo,

I can think of a couple of scenarios for the actual entry against the same project - task for 3 days and the other 2 making it to WIP.

1. Even if the actual time entries are valid transactions, they will still show up in the invalid transactions as NEW status waiting for the post transaction to financials job. User having access to invalid trx can delete the actuals for 3 days at this point when the transactions are still waiting foir Post trx to financials job.

2. Split time entries - this functionality is not commonly used. This is used when the user wants to enter actuals against the same project same task but split it against 2 different charge codes or user values or any timesheet fields. This should create 2 different transactions for the same date same project but I think in your case none of the hours from wed thurs and fri went through, so it might not be the case.

I reckon #1 to have caused the missing.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
    Jerin

• 8.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:44 AM

Hi Jerin,

Thanks for Suggesting possible cause.

Would like to know if there any standard portlet/report/SP/query which can help to identify the transaction falling in this criteria - Posted time (latest adjustment) with PRTIMEENTRY.PRRMEXPORTED = 1 but not available in WIP, Invalid list & PPA_Transcontrol.

• 9.  Re: Restore transaction deleted from Invalid transaction Page

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2016 10:31 PM

Hi KP,

We don't have any OOTB portlet or query to identify the transactions which were deleted from invalid transactions. But this is a query you can reference and built on top of it.

select * from prtimesheet where prid not in (select distinct(externalbatchid) from ppa_wip where sourcemodule = 51)

The below post will help you identify the transactions which are showing as posted but not actually moved to WIP

https://communities.ca.com/message/241721400?commentID=241721400#comment-241721400

This is a quick query (and portlet XML) I have built which might not be exhaustive but it should report majority of the issues. The portlet will help you identify the timesheets showing in posted status but prrmexported = 0, which means they haven't actually moved to invalid transactions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Jerin