Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Sep 06, 2017 10:28 PM

We have a pretty standard timesheet process. A user submits a timesheet, a notification is sent to the PM of each project on the timesheet. Once all PMs respond affirmatively to the action item, the timesheet is approved.  If the PMs don't respond to the action item in a given time window, the PMO approves the timesheet.

The challenge we have is that when a user hits the Populate button, the timesheet is populated with rows that the user may not have worked on during the week.  Most users ignore those rows, enter hours for the projects they have worked on, and Submit their timesheet for Approval.

The issue we're facing is the notification goes to the PM of every project, irrespective of whether it has time submitted against.

Questions:

- is there a way to only send the notification to PMs whose projects have time submitted against them (users don't delete the unnecessary rows now, despite many reminders to do so)

- is there a way to remove the rows that don't have time submitted (e.g. via GEL script or process)?

Many thanks in advance...

• 2.  Re: Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Sep 07, 2017 01:19 AM

Just wondering, before sending the notification, can't you check if the prassignment.prpendactsum is > 0?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Sep 07, 2017 03:21 PM

Hi NJ, thanks for the reply.  Yes, I can identify which PMs should receive the action item, but I'm not sure how to send the action item to only those PMs? We can't create or manipulate (other than to approve) action items using XOG, and I can't see how to limit the action item recipients in the front-end application?

• 4.  Re: Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:44 PM

Hi Alistair - We're you ever able to figure this one out? Thanks, Chris

• 5.  Re: Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:59 PM

Hi Chris. No, I haven't figured it out yet and have moved on to other things.  Is there a status of "imponderable" or "closed - unanswered" that we can give it?

• 6.  Re: Selective Sending Timesheet Notifications?

Posted Oct 18, 2017 05:03 PM

Darn! LOL No, we don't have another status for it. That's OK. Not everything can be answered:) Thanks for responding!